Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 31, 2012
I ended up purchasing this pack because it was cheaper than buying them individually, plus you get two 9dbi antennas which appear to help with the feed. For me since I've worked with setting up networking equipment in the past, configuring them for use on the wifi network and externally was a breeze. I can see however that users that have no experience in this area would have a difficult time getting these setup. My only difficulty was trying to find a suitable place to mount the cameras for the best angle and functionality, though not a fault of the cameras. When you look at the cameras they look very professional. A small thing I like is that when it is dark and the IR is enabled the lights have a red glow to them which makes the cameras appear ominous.

One major function I like about this camera is its ability to move around. Unfortunately however there is no zoom. I do find that sometimes the controls are tricky no matter if using the web interface or a 3rd party application to control it, sometimes a click will move it a millimeter, where as the next will move it several inches. Regardless though once you get them setup they can easily be forgotten about until the time comes to review the footage. I currently use an app on my mac which will record the footage if there is any movement detected. Now I just need to work on getting it to automatically upload to a remote location.

Regarding the IR, it works well, when it is enabled even in my large great room. Unfortunately the system only has the options of "Off" or "Auto", and frequently, depending on the lighting, it will turn the IR off when it really should be turned on as all you get is a unusable image. There's no way to force the IR to be turned on, at least with the current firmware.

A couple of times I have had the cameras automatically reboot themselves. They did so individually and it wasn't due to a power failure so I'm not sure why they did it. Generally its not a problem though as it just causes a loss of video for a minute or two and they home back on their primary positions after booting.

Overall they are good cameras and based upon their current functionality I will buy another if the need arises.
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?