This is Thursday of Cyber Monday Deals Week at Amazon. Once again I got this app being reviewed here as the free app of the day today.
I am happy to say that today Amazon is back on the right track with their choice of Polara as the free app of the day today.
Let me start out with the positives:
1. You don't have to restart an entire level when you die.
2. The red/blue idea actually works well even though at first I thought it sounded kind of silly from my initial perceptions of what this game is about.
3. Sound effects and music have an appropriate future feel to them.
There are a few negatives, but they are rather minor.
1. It would have been nice to have "power-ups" that you can acquire while you are running or vehicles that you could ride in at times. Maybe these exist in later levels, possibly??
2. The story text appears a little cut off at the bottom.
3. Make the story a little more interactive. What I am talking about here is make the story unique based on the outcome of certain levels such as you could choose to follow or not follow what the person tells you to do.
Overall this is the best game or non-game app so far this week as free app of the day and should have been free app of the day like on Cyber Monday instead of Kayak Pro. Sorry, I am just being honest here. So I am giving Polara 4 out of 5 stars since I can't give it 4.5 stars like I would have if that option were available.
Hopefully Amazon, who is now about 3 out of 4 this week, will finish out this Cyber Deals week by giving away a free game or non-game app from a major publisher like an EA or a Disney.