Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon May 21, 2014
I like very dark work and this series is certainly one of those. To some viewers too much darkness can push a show over the edge. I think it did that to my husband and my neighbor, who now seem dubious about seeing season 3. I, however, absolutely loved it. Keven Spacey's Francis Underwood is even more rapacious than in season one. He also is on a no holds barred effort to become the next president. Even Claire, his wife, has a few moments of doubt but not Francis. Kevin Spacey also takes this right up to the edge of satire but does not push it over. It is close especially since he has frequent asides to us the audience. Both Spacey and Robin Wright Penn do an outstanding acting job as the ultimate political couple. Both Claire and Francis go the extra mile this season in eliminating anyone standing in their way to the White House. The guy they seek to topple as President is a much better person than either of them but he is terribly weak as a President. I personally am looking forward to season 3.

I adored the F.U. cufflinks given to Francis. It's almost as if the character was given this name just so those cufflinks could be used in some future episode!

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
1212 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?