Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services RestaurantPV RestaurantPV RestaurantPV  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Metallica Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Bluetooth Headphone!!, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Creative WP-300 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Like the other reviewer mentioned when I ordered these there were not any reviews on them so, I decided to write one. Here it goes:

First of all let me mention that I am a big fan of Creative Labs and I had owned and currently I own number of their products. They generally make very good stuff.
I have been looking for a pair of decent bluetooth headphones for last couple of year and I have tried number of different ones including Motorolla and Sony but none of them where good as this pair of Creative WP-300.

Pros:
-Very light weight compared to other ones
-I like the fact that the ear cups swiles and make the whole thing much more flatter to storage
-Fast charging time (around 1.5 hours)
-Very good range (above 30 feet)
-Long lasting charge compared to others (6+ hours)
-It includes volume control, play, pause, reverse and forward bottons on the right ear cup
-Using a standard micro usb plug for charging which is good for me since I have couple of other devices with the same plug so I don't have to take additional cables with me on the road.
-Travel pouch is included
-Very good sound quality for a pair of pure bluetooth headphone (I have used them for all kinds of music, movies, and training sessions/videos).

Cons:
-The ear cups are little bit small so like every 45 to 60 minutes I have to take them off for couple of minutes otherwise my ears start to hurt. Although, overall they are very comfortable.
-It would of been nice if there was a battery level indicator on these.
-Also, it would of been nice it they could be used as a pair of wired headphones like some of the other ones out there.

Overall, if you have a bluetooth transsiver on your machine (or you don't mind buying one) and looking for a good quality headphone around or under $100.00 go head and buy this pair.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 1, 2011 7:57:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2011 7:59:51 AM PDT
jj2me says:
Great review. I'm especially thankful for you listing the playback controls.

One thing I'd add to your review is regarding your suggestion to buy a separate bluetooth transceiver. A buyer will get the best audio quality when used with these headphones by buying a transceiver that supports the apt-X codec, like the Creative BT-D1 (http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-BT-D1/dp/B003FVAQM8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) for connecting to USB, or Creative BT-D5 (http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bluetooth-Transmitter-iPhone-BT-D5/dp/B003FV5KB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1309531867&sr=1-1) for connecting to iPhone/iPod.

apt-X is currently the best consumer-available codec for bluetooth audio.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 8:03:49 AM PDT
...and thank you jj2me, for mentioning the importance of the transceiver in the whole process. I had completely overlooked that detail, till I read your response!

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 3:48:17 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 11:50:01 AM PST
Possibly English is his second language? If I run across a review that I can't be sure wasn't created by someone who is payed to do so, I try to see what else, if anything, the reviewer has reviewed.

This guy seems legit as he reviews a variety of products and awards a variety of high & low scores - Two of the criteria I use when deciding whether or not to trust a review.

Yes, many reviews are pretty hard to get through with bad grammar, spelling, etc. ...heck, I bet there's something grammatically incorrect in this response...

But, I'll give a pass to the guy trying his best to write an honest review and let the occasional typo or error slide - especially if English (not the easiest of languages) is his second language...and that may be the case here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2013 11:55:41 AM PDT