Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

on May 13, 2007
The reason I bought this bbq was 1) it was rated the best bbq between $500 and $1000 by most all rating bureau's, 2) it uses high quality 302 s/s, 3) has s/s cooking racks which to me are easier to clean, 4) its a very pretty bbq, and 5) it's a Weber, made in the US. The E-320, with colored panels, in my opinon, isn't as nice looking as the s/s unit.

I bought this bbq from Amazon about 10 days ago. It was shipped for free via Eagle Transportation. I think Amazon realized large items shipped UPS were arriving damaged. At least the few large items I previously ordered and shipped UPS arrived that way. The shipping estimate was 10-14 days with the free option. Four days after I saw that the item was shipped I received a call from Eagle's Los Angeles depot asking me when I wanted it delivered. I couldn't believe that ! I told them the next day. They gave me a time frame, 10-1, asking if that was agreeable. At 11 Eagle arrived, off loaded my bbq in one huge box and asked where I wanted it. The box was completely intact and undamaged. I've never encountered that kind of service from any carrier. Cudos to Amazon on choosing this shipper.

Now, the bbq. Weber's Genesis S-320 LP. I'm a very handy guy with a garage full of tools. I unpacked all the parts and had them spread out on a blanket so I wouldn't scratch them on the cement floor. Everyone's greatest dread is the assembly instructions usually done in a foreign country and poorly translated in to English. But, since Weber is made in the USA, I found the step by step numbered instructions very easy to follow. All the little screws, washers, and bolts were nicely packaged and oh my goodness... they were all there. There were no shortages of any parts. One or two extras in a package would have been nice since I usually drop one of something and lose it somewhere under a bench in the garage. Anyway, the bbq went together effortlessly. I had my propane tank filled and used the weight hanger inside the stand which showed the tank was full. Another nice touch.

Now for the good part; using it. I did that tonight for the first time on Mother's Day. I thought that was appropriate. Anyway, I made cheesburgers - one of my most favorite bbq foods. I read the instructions on how Weber thought hamburgers should be cooked; medium heat with the lid down. They recommend always keeping hte lid down to cook and only opening it to turn the food or check to see if it's done. I also used the side burner just because... it's there. I've never had a bbq with a side burner and found it handy but a space hog. The bbq did what it is intended to do very well. It cooked my burgers in record time with the lid down. We also cooked corn on the cob wrapped in tin foil in the grill at the same time. Everything turned out great.

Now, my trivial gripes. The right side table has all the controls. That only leaves a very small amount of space between the control knobs and the bbq as a useable work area. One should be careful placing items in that area because being so close to the bbq it does tend to get a bit warm. I don't know why Weber couldn't put the controls on the front of the bbq leaving two nice sized working platforms. I found that a bit irritating especially when I used the left side burner. I had no place to set down plates, platters, etc. I had to pull up another small table. I don't know how often I'll actually use the side burner. If I don't use it ofen which I probably won't then it's really not an issue.

Did I say gripes? Well that's all I can think of. Overall, I'm very happy with the Weber Genesis S-320. I like it, alot. Would I buy it again if I only wanted to spend around $750?? You bet ! I can see why it's rated highly in all the reviews. And, you get Webers great guarantee and customer service. Go for it...you won't be disappointed.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: chuxter31@roadrunner.com
44 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.