Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on October 20, 2011
First, let me say I purchased the Powershot 510 and the Powershot 310. The 510 is a much more solid camera and a lot less plastic than the 310. I think my two largest complaints and frustration comes with the touch screen and the 12 power zoom. The touch screen drains the battery faster than my other Canon Powershot cameras and the zoom is incredibly difficult to get stable when at full 12 power and my pictures haven't turned out as well as I would like at that distance. Overall, I really didn't like the Canon Powershot 310, so I am on the fence as to whether or not I will keep this one. I have a few more days to think about it. For now... here is a more detailed list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Takes incredibly good photos with regard to color.
- Easy to use.
- The vivid setting is great for flowers and fall colors.
- I love the fisheye effect without having to carry around my Canon DSLR camera and lenses. I also love having the wide angle.
- The miniature setting is kind of fun to use.
- Feels incredibly heavy and solid, unlike the new 310.
- Fits easily in my purse and pocket.

Cons:
- Can't stand having finger prints all over the screen when I go to take my picture.
- Touch screen drains the battery pretty quickly over the other Canon Powershot cameras.
- When zooming out, it is very difficult to keep it steady.

Not sure what to order if I send this one back. So, I am still on the fence, as I am partial to Canon cameras over Nikons. The red color is not as it is shown in the picture. It is more of a rust/burgandy color of red... it has a bit more brown to it, but I actually like it.

UPDATE: 12/12/2011 - I ended up sending this one back and kept the Canon 310. I am really glad I did. I get a great battery life and when I compared the photos on this camera vs. the 510, the photos had better color and looked a lot more crisp from the 310. I am happy with my decision.
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.