Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 14, 2011
Alright, first off, let me say that this platform was exactly what I was looking for when I decided to remodel my room. My older bed was cracking at the hinges, squeaking, and making all sorts of noise in addition to being unstable. I had tolerated that for a while, but eventually I decided it was time for me to cave in and do some research on purchasing a new bed.

Note: I use the term "bed" but this platform does NOT come with the mattress, bedspread, and so on. Those are purchased separately.

Anyway, I wanted to redecorate/remodel my room with a whole black/white scheme, so my furniture needed to be black (while the wall was painted white). I wanted to downsize all the clutter of furniture I was previously using as well, and I had several chests of drawers and dressers that I didn't really need. The fact that this bed came with two drawers for storage was PERFECT for me, and might I add, they are fairly spacious and open up much smoother than I expected; they are as quiet as a mouse. To eliminate any confusion, it only comes with two drawers on one side, not four.

Constructing/putting together this piece did take a little over three hours, but that was by myself, and this setup would go a lot quicker with two or more people involved. The instructions do a good job in walking you through the setup process, and all of the parts are definitely there (except for tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, and things of that nature). I'd say with two "handy" individuals it would take around two hours to put together; and trust me, the ned result is well worth it!

If, by any chance, you "ding" up the bed, it comes with a touch-up marker that can cosmetically cover-up any surface scratches and things of that nature, which is nice, but I didn't have any problem with that.

It's been over a month now, and I can honestly say I am very pleased with the purchase; not to mention the price is quite the bargain, and free shipping to boot! This allows my bed to be very sturdy and it doesn't "shake" or move around through all the tossings and turnings of the night. I give this product a 5/5 rating, and I would highly recommend it to anyone! :)
11 comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?