Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

VINE VOICEon May 23, 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is more of an entertaining memoir than a study of modern womanhood, which is ok in my book, it works! Caitlin Moran uses the backdrop of pivotal moments and issues in every woman's life to tell her story, from her entrance into womanhood to her musings on various female topics. While I won't list every topic Moran discusses I found some of her topics particularly interesting.

Moran's theory of the evolution of the popular way for a Woman to keep her...for lack of a better word...nether regions ...had me in tears..What's more, I believe her theory to be correct and I think women everywhere should rebel and go back to the way things used to be. Moran's description of her family life with her sisters was so endearing that I would love a second book on that subject alone.

Her musings on women's weight issues were thought-provoking too, she brings a unique perspective to this issue that struck a cord with me..."overeating , says Moran, is the addiction of choice of carers, and that's why it's come to be regarded as the lowest - ranking of all the addictions." I agree. Moran's thought here sits better to me than simply brushing off a woman's weight gain as "letting herself go." Moran also discusses motherhood, marriage, and most courageously, abortion. I found her telling of her personal experience one of the most honest, raw and intense that I have ever read. She made me think on a subject that I had thought I'd closed the door is a rare book that can do that! From start to finish, How to Be a Woman is a worthwhile read.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)