As a DJ and avid gamer I'm always in the market for new and decent quality headphones. I've owned and used dozens of headphones over the years and there always seems to be something new for PC, gaming consoles and DJing. As I always enjoy testing out new headphones here are my thoughts on the PULSE wireless stereo headset - Elite Edition;
+ Superb sound and noise isolation. The bass is warm and rich, better than the majority of headphones I've owned.
+ Set-up/pairing was extremely easy for my PC and PS3.
+ Sits snuggly on your head (comes with a con see below)
+ Microphone is built into the headset.
+ Excellent bass boost/vibration/rumble effects.
+ Plenty of audio controls.
+ Multi-platform use (PC, PS3, PS Vita and other mobile devices).
+ Solid construction.
- Poor battery life of just under 5 hours. I found this to be quite disappointing.
- No charging cable included. It's an inexpensive cable to include, especially at the asking price.
- Instructions are severely lacking.
- No Charging station/Stand, case or cover.
- Earphones are faux leather and don't breathe well resulting in quite a bit of heat and sweat around my ears. Also, if you're a glasses wearer (like me) the headphones can really cause your cause your frames to dig into the side of your head. Rather painful. Unfortunately, this is very common with most over the ear headphones.
- Controls can be troublesome to adjust in the middle of a game until you're used to the buttons.
- Heavier than most other headphones of this size.
- No Bluetooth.
At the $150 range, the PULSE wireless stereo headset - Elite Edition is quite good, especially if you're a big console/PC gamer. The main thing that I noticed right away was that the sound quality is absolutely amazing. This headset will literally allow you to hear sounds you would never hear out of even the most high end speakers. The build quality is very solid and it feels like the headset would hold up to rough users. There are also plenty of controls that allow you to customize your sound depending on what you're playing/watching/listening too. Despite my list of Cons (poor battery life being the biggest drawback) the PULSE wireless stereo headset - Elite Edition is an extremely functional and quality headset all around.