Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on November 17, 2012
I would have given this 5 stars except for the unacceptable customer service.

I not able to get Netflix movies to play. This is very strange because I can connect and see my queue, but the movies will not download.

All of the other services work (Amazon, Hulu) and I have another Vizio TV and 2 Sony DVD players and they all work w/o problems so it has to be this TV.

Since I am able to access Netflix with the DVD player I am going to keep this -- hoping that they will eventually get enough complaints that they fix it.

Hopefully someone from Vizio will read these reviews and see that there is a major problem with their customer "service" plan. My major issue is that you MUST register with them before you can talk to a tech. This involves getting serial number and giving them all kinds of personal information that has nothing to do with the problem (eg. where purchased and for how much). I am calling to report a problem and they want to collect marketing information. Not a good plan. The first agent hung up on me when I told him that the serial number was too small to read. The second agent (a supervisor) argued with me about this and was even more of a jerk than the first. After an hour on the phone (40 mins of registering) the problem was still not resolved.

The TV itself is excellent. The colors are bright and I was OK with the price and feel it was worth the extra money to get the LED version over the LCD.

So, buyer beware.

Update: 11/18/12

The problem downloading from Netflix is still not resolved:

After troubleshooting with Netflix to ensure it wasn't something at their end I submitted a detailed report of what I had done to trouble shoot the problem to Vizio online. I included the case number from the original call.

The agent responded with boilerplate on how to reset the device to factory settings. He did not bother to read what I had written or review the case. Then I received a stern email from Vizio Customer support that stated I needed to respond in 168 hours if my issue has not been resolved.

As for giving this product one star "because I didn't want to give them a serial number". That is not the issue. The calls are answered by call center employees that will not pass your call to a technician until you have provided a long list of information -- information which has nothing to do with resolving your problem. Your name, a call back number and the model number should be sufficient to get a technician to help solve your problem.

The device still does not work. I have not received any assurance from Vizio that they are even interested in the solving problem.

I stand by my one star review.
2525 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.