Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 4, 2012
I'm not sure you can beat this unit for the price. Blu-ray playback appears to work really well. Netflix looks VERY nice. I have my TV connected to my PC through an HDMI cable, so before buying this unit, I'd just open up a browser window on the TV as if it was a 2nd monitor. But the difference between that method and using the dedicated Netflix app on this player was night and day. The picture quality is truly HD. I'm very pleased.

So why the deduction of a star? The menus on this player are cumbersome, clunky, slow, and non-intuitive. It seems to me that things could have been designed so much more simply. This is, after all, a simple blu-ray player vs. the rest of the LG lineup. Now that I've figured out how to navigate, I just have to contend with the slowness, aka red spinny loading wheel of death. That complaint aside, this product is well worth the money.

Update - 8/16/12 - As other reviewers have pointed out, this player does not support Amazon Prime Instant Video. I don't use the service so it wasn't a factor in my purchase decision, but I did find this LG response on their website to a customer:
"Amazon is not available on this player, nor on any of our Smart TV products this year. This was a determination made by Amazon. We have no indication of when or if this app will be allowed for our products."
0Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.