Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars connection, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Belkin WeMo F7C027fcAPL (Newer Model Available) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
drops wifi way too often, and needs re-setting up each time so this really is not reliable or useful for essental security lighting or something that has to be shut off or on remotely, a little expensive, great idea if it actually worked, perhaps they will come out with one that works reliably, we had both sensor and just switch but both lost connection every 3 hours to 2 days or so, belkin service and tech support no help, returned without problems at the apple store, bad belkin, good apple store

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012, 8:37:41 AM PDT
Hello imo,

Thank you for writing your review. We are sad to hear that you were unable to use your WeMo. We would like to know more about the troubles that you had. Please write us at customercare@belkin.com and share more about what you experienced.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 1:45:20 PM PST
Mark Sitjar says:
I can absolutely agree with what was happening with the OP. I have two WEMOs and they will randomly drop connection to my wireless network and start flashing orange. I then have to do a full reset on them and reconnect them to my wireless network.

Sometimes they can stay connected for days at a time and sometimes one or both will disconnect once a day and even then not at the same time. It is very frustrating because it's a good idea and the integration with IFTTT add some nice abilities like having them turn on at sunset. Both my WEMOs are on the current firmware, same with my wireless router(Netgear). My iPhone WEMO app is current too.

I know it's not my wireless access point because my iPhone 4S, iPad (3rd Gen), Dell E5520 Laptop and Acer A500 Android Tablet all work without any issues while on wireless.

The product has serious problems, I wish they could fix them but at this point I'm just not sure yet another firmware update will take care of it. I would return them if I could but I'm outside the return period already.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 9:45:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2013, 9:47:27 AM PST
HT says:
I have the exact same problem. Both wemo devices will randomly lose the wireless network.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 8:42:15 AM PST
Hello Mark,

In the WeMo App under the More Tab there is an option to contact us. Tap on "Tell us what you think" and then "WeMo Help". If you are on the same Wi-Fi network as your WeMo units it will send us their information and help us troubleshoot your issue faster. You can also type a quick note to let us know whats going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 8:43:15 AM PST
Hello HT,

While in the WeMo App under the More Tab you will see a button that says "Tell us what you think". Tap that and tap on "WeMo Help". This will send an email to us and we can help troubleshoot your issue.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013, 9:23:31 AM PDT
Valorus says:
Sounds to me that there may be some "dead zones" in those who posted's home or perhaps another device causing interference within the same frequency of your wifi signal. Some cordless phone for example can cross into the same frequency range as your wifi signal and wreak havoc on all your wireless devices. Most times it is in the form of slow wifi speeds, but if this unit "resets" everything it loses connection it could appear to be defective.

If it is a "dead zone" this is very easy to troubleshoot - simply use the device in a socket that is right next to your wireless router. If it works for longer than the longest time then you may have found the problem. If it still does not work it may be harder to troubleshoot because if interference is the issue there are many different things that could be causing this - my guess is if it is interference other problems are happening with other devices or there are some serious slow internet speeds.

Most routers have a setting that allows you to adjust the frequency - setting this to something different than what it is on can help.

It looks like the mfg reached out to most of you so hopefully they got you all fixed up! Maybe this information will help as well. Best of luck to you all.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2013, 12:03:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2013, 12:04:06 PM PDT
Elixa says:
I have the same drop problem with my Kindle. The cable company came out to upgrade my system and told me that mirrors in the bathroom effectively block signals, and he tested around the house and found where I should put in a signal extender. I have an old Apple airport which should work, he thought, but I have to investigate how to set it up and try it out. It could help with both the Kindle and Wemo problems. Interestingdiscussion and helpful, thanks.

Posted on Sep 10, 2013, 10:14:09 PM PDT
+1 on the annoying drops. This product does not work at all...I have wasted more than an hour today trying to get troubleshoot the "Looking for devices" message. I have restored everything to factory conditions and it keeps happening. Bad product.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013, 10:58:47 AM PDT
Sounds like it's a range issue. To troubleshoot temporarily move the device to a location literally next to your wireless router.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2013, 11:02:15 AM PDT
Thanks, will do. I have a wireless extender basically 15 feet away from here to which every device in my room connects to w/o issues. If the range is the problem, then the range capacity of this product is seriously lacking :-(
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›