Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the mouse?, January 15, 2011
This review is from: Purina Friskies Prime Filets Chicken & Tuna Dinner in Gravy Cat Food - (24) 5.5 oz. Pull-top Can (Misc.)
I don't have much time. I am a cat being held prisoner somewhere in Southern California. The dog is watching, but he is easily fooled. I told him I'm playing the piano, he is a moron. While I am not "mistreated" in the usual sense of the word, I must escape before I go mad. The large, hairless two-legged creatures who hold me prisoner are well-meaning, I think, but so unevolved, they are almost to be pitied if I did not hate them so.

They feed me this pasty food in a can. Me. Cat. I am a hunter, a living weapon. I crave blood, fresh warm meat between my teeth. I yearn for crunchy bones filled with hot marrow. Not Chicken and Tuna shreds in sauce. Last month I almost caught a moth. Ahh, the chase. First, my lethal approach...subtle yet as perilously accurate as an arrow. Inch by inch I crept up to my prey, every muscle alive, every sense at it's peak, yet as silent as death. The juicy moth just sat there, never sensing my presence. I came close, very close, paused and then -- I pounced! If the fools had a shorter table I would never have overshot the mark and hit the wall. Damn them forever. My ear, my beautiful ear...a precision instrument and objet d'art all in one, was bent. Yes, bent.

And what did the two legs do? They punished ME. Yes, As punishment I was taken to a place called The Vet, where other two-legged monsters did unspeakable things like shaving my beautiful fur and putting strips of white fabric over my beautiful head. Then they forced a megaphone over my head. This trip was far less horrifying than my last visit, however. You wouldn't believe what they did to me. You Would Not Believe It. I can hardly believe it myself except when I look down and...well, never mind, but it's worse than you could ever imagine. Ever.

Finally The Vet creatures returned me to my captors...but they would not remove The Cone of Humiliation from off my head. "Two more weeks, Beebo, you need to wear it for two more weeks and then you'll be fine, azza bwave Beebo, bwave bwave boy." That's the sentence they handed down. The Cone of Humiliation is designed to break me. It will not, even though the dog now laughs at me. At ME.

Let him laugh. I have plans for him. Yes indeedy. I have plans.

The Two-Legs call me Beebo. "Izzee my baby Beebo. Izze wanna skwatchie skwatchie ittle Beebo, come to Mommy, Mommy wuv Beebo" they say. To Me. Me, the Warrior King. I am not a cocker spaniel. I am a living weapon, a Cat. Were it not for the ear-scratching, head-scratching, special pillow near the fireplace and opportunities to torment the dog, I would dispose of the two-leggers and escape. I do not wish to harm two such well-meaning but stupid creatures, but I must have meat. I would eat the dog, but I've seen what he eats, and quite frankly, I'm appalled.

Please, if anyone is out there, help me. Send meat...a box of mice...fat and juicy ones...would make a life of captivity almost livable. Also, since you are putting the package together, I could do with another Feather on a String, two boxes of Fishy Treatz (not the liver, mind you), oh, and one more thing...a chicken bone. A nice, easily-shattered, sharp edged chicken bone...with a nice little piece of bacon to wrap it in. A gift for a friend, shall we say...

Act fast. Please.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 18 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 252 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2011, 7:16:41 AM PST
Crystal says:
You are a riot! I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 8:16:19 AM PST
NyiNya says:
Hello, human. Your words have been noted. When we felines take over the planet, you may be spared.
Beebo The Warrior

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 8:12:17 PM PST
Dan Bogaty says:
While this essay is remarkable for a cat, Beebo, I feel the need to point out that it is not really a review, as nowhere have you explained your 5-star rating for a product, the very concept of which you seem to disdain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 10:29:36 PM PST
NyiNya says:
Okay, two leg, I will answer your question. Not because I deem you worthy of notice and certainly not because you will be spared when we cats finally destroy your kind, but because I am bored. The dog and the humans sleep and I have nothing better to toy with. Why the five stars, you ask? Because I felt like it. I am a cat. I am inexplicable. I live to confuse you and your kind. Now go out and find me those mice. Big ones...and a little on the slow side wouldn't hurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 10:46:39 PM PST
Dan Bogaty says:
Yas'm. Mice.
I find it inexplicable that you can type, with those stubby pads and all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2011, 11:18:13 PM PST
NyiNya says:
You forget, human, I have claws. Long ones. I must go now. The humans sleep. They have to get up early tomorrow for something called work, so I will now make the first of many loud, frightening noises.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 1:12:10 PM PST
Lookie here, Beebo. None of this dog bashing since the unfortunate Pedi Scrub incident! We know what really happened there don't we? Besides, The Cone of Humiliation is always ready, so don't even pretend to lick down there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2011, 1:21:20 PM PST
NyiNya says:
Another human speaks up, eh. So, you have learned of the dog and the sponge, have you. No matter. Threaten away. You cannot prove anything. There is no evidence. There never is. The dog always eats it.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 1:31:42 PM PST
Terry says:
Fantastic! I loved this. (But now I am afraid of my cat........)

Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 3:00:26 PM PST
Theo says:
All Hail Beebo!

I stand willing to serve my feline overlord when the time comes.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Next ›