Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 9, 2010
The back of the book is a little misleading. There's not a lot of capturing going on here. I liked the story. It moved pretty fast and kept my interest. I do think that I should have read the other books in this series first. About 2/3rds of the way through the book all of the sudden we were reading about characters who I had no idea who were. If I had read the others in order, this might not have seemed so out of left field. Also if some scenes with them had been included earlier in the book sprinkled in then it might not have been so hard to accustom myself to. I liked the hero, pretty tortured guy and a bit different from your average alpha hero. The heroine was a bit wimpy at first but she grew on me and she grew up a bit. I will probably go back and read the first two books since I am fond of this author even though at the time the blurbs on those two didn't pull me in.

The world building seems pretty solid. I found the hero's name to be odd in that he had a totally English speaking world based name and was from Russia. Can't be many John Powells in Russia. Some of the magical elements were very intriguing. I really liked the Rasputye that was a magical land out of time. Like a holding area, you never knew where or when you would be when you came out of it. Nifty idea.

This book wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed reading it.
11 comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.