Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services RestaurantPV RestaurantPV RestaurantPV  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Metallica Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Product, DO NOT BUY!!!, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Levana Safe N'See Digital Video Baby Monitor with Talk-to-Baby Intercom and Lullaby Control (LV-TW501) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
We bought a babyview20 for our first child and loved it. I then bought this monitor for our new baby. It has been a nightmare of back and forth with Levana. The battery life is terrible. We were getting less than 2 hours. So, they sent another battery and I ordered an extra base. Within a week the monitor completely died. It's really difficult to contact them as they only take calls during business hours Monday through Friday and I travel a lot for work.

So, after a number of calls I finally got them to send a complete new monitor and requested the babyview20, not this one thinking it would be better. They agreed to cross-ship it (which was nice) if they could charge my card for a new one. So, they charged me $199 + $12.50 for ground shipping. It's currently going for $139 on amazon. So, not only did they charge me more than it's selling for, but then they charged me for shipping AND they shipped it via ground which took forever. Just what you need when you have a new baby.

New monitor arrives, battery is completely dead. I emailed them about it as it was the weekend and never heard from them. So I finally found a time in my schedule when I could call them before 5PM. I got their after hours service at like 4:30PM EDT and they said they couldn't do anything except pass on the message. So I get an email from them a few days later asking for my return number. I replied within 30 minutes but never heard anything. So I called again and finally got through and they've agreed to send a battery within 5-7 business days. I asked (demanded) that they overnight one but they refused.

Did I mention that about a week ago the monitor just started playing music on it's own which completely freaks out my 3 year old when he's sleeping? I thought one of my family members had just pushed the button until I was in my sons room getting is laundry and the music started playing. I was the only one home and I checked the base and it was on the mantel downstairs and turned off. I thought it was just a one-time glitch until my 3 year old kept waking up wailing a few days in a row. Here the music was randomly turning on throughout the day. So, I took apart the camera and disassembled the speaker.

We have a 3 year old and a new-born. We have enough headaches and stress in our life. I don't need anymore, especially not from a device that's supposed to make it easier. Do yourself a favor and shop for another brand.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2012 1:10:42 PM PST
firedancer41 says:
Agreed!! Abysmal customer service. I have been getting the run-around since I initiated a call on 12/31/11. I had problems with this product since around 3 months when the batteriy stopped holding a charge off the base. I was told the battery warranty was..wait for it...3 months. I could BUY another battery, which would cost $30, but who wants to replace a $30 battery every 3 months? I started moving it with the charging base
9 months later it quit working all together. That person "seemed" helpful, and told me they would exchange it, but this model was temporarily unavailable. They will send me a lesser model, then when the correct one is in, I have to start the whole exchange headache again.
Fast forward to 2/17/12, a call at 3:00 central and their office is closed AND it is a 3 day weekend!! I have no confirmation they received my return, and I still have no monitor. Do not purchase any Levana products unless you enjoy a 2 month hassle!!!!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 8:50:33 PM PST
Angela Brown says:
I am about to be on my FOURTH safe and see video monitor in less than a year...they refuse to refund my money, so they keep sending me a new one, everytime the NEW one they send me breaks, or doesn't even work right out of the box. So I have to go buy a cheap one at the store to get me by until they send me a new one...unbelievable...worst product ever.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 10:16:43 AM PDT
im having issues with mine can u give me contact info to the company

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 11:21:23 AM PDT
customer service line 1.866.946.7828

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 11:31:17 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 9:50:54 AM PDT
Reinalyn says:
This monitor was great when I first purchased it. I didn't have any problems with it until 6 months after use, when the camera suddenly stopped working even though it was plugged in. A couple of weeks later, I plugged it in to see if it would turn on, and it did. Then a week later, it stopped working again. I turned it on for the first time after months of it not working, and it turned on, but then my baby monitor died, minutes after taking it off the charger despite it being fully charged. This monitor is less than a year old. I purchased it in August 2011 and didn't start using it until October 2011 after my daughter was born. I recharged the monitor and tried to use it again for my daughter's next nap. It died after 30 minutes.

I called Customer Service and was told to call back, so I chatted with an online agent instead. She told me that she could authorize a return where a technician would test it and if it was defective, they would replace it, but only IF I STILL HAD THE PROOF OF PURCHASE. Um, I bought the monitor last year and have since had a baby. I'm sorry if I didn't think to stow away my receipt just in case the baby monitor broke, I was a little busy doing other things and didn't expect it to break after only 6 months. Now, I am on the phone with Babies R Us Customer Service, and am trying to get a copy of my receipt. I've been on hold for 15 minutes and my baby is going to wake up from her nap any second now. I have better things to do than sit around chatting with a customer service rep while on hold with another customer service rep because of a horrible piece of equipment I made the mistake of purchasing. Don't be attracted by the low price--go with a more expensive model like Summer's Infant that will have a better customer service policy. It is ridiculous that they cannot look up when the unit was purchased based on the serial number. I've had Fisher Price replace things for me after I read them the serial number of the unit. Never again will I purchase anything from Levana. If I could give it 0 stars, I would!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 12:39:23 PM PDT
Im having the same issues. Seems like it overheats if on too lo.g and I cant keep.it off its charger without out it dying! my baby is only 8 months and we didnt even start using it till he was a out 5 months! Very disappointed

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:33:16 AM PST
AJP says:
Same problems here! Started with the tw301 and I had to shell out the $ for a "replacement" till they found that I was telling the truth about the thing not holding a charge. Ian in CS was helpful but totally dropped the ball when months went by of me not getting my money back. When they finally refunded my prepayment of the replacement and found my first monitor was in fact a dud, the tw501 started having the same problems. I have a cheap $17 W-mart monitor at a vacation home and that thing never dies! I can't believe they tried to blame me for the battery life issues. Try posting on their FB page. They are quick to respond there (when the issues are out in public). I've sent another email demanding my $ back since I've given up on them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›