Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Turntable At This Price, February 6, 2010
This review is from: Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver (Electronics)
You really can't get a better turntable for this price. It wasn't broken or cracked when it arrived, it was easy to assemble, and it sounds great. For under 100 bucks that is more than I expected. The other cool thing about this turntable that is not in the description is that it's easily upgradeable. The turntable comes with a ATN3600L stylus. You can replace that stylus with the ATN3600DLX stylus for even better sound quality and performance. You can also get a better belt for it too but I haven't looked into that yet. It's not going to get any better than this until you hit about the $300 range.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 26 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 93 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 28, 2011, 11:00:27 PM PST
Samuel C. says:
Does it have counter-weight balancing and anti-skate? The stylus isn't as crucial as the cartridge.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011, 10:42:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011, 10:43:44 AM PST
Dsparks says:
@ Jstalings: I'm sure you connected the record player to a receiver with the male connectors, and the speakers to the receiver with the raw wire connections- this was my setup I inherited from the 60's. Most modern setups use the RCA cables or the headphone style wires for both inputs and outputs as the raw wire connection tends to go out faster- this way you can also connect speakers directly to the turntable (though it probably would not sound as good).

Posted on Dec 23, 2011, 7:29:42 PM PST
I'm considering this as a gift for my boyfriend, he has a Harmon/Kardon receiver. Will the turntable be able to connect to that and be heard through his speakers?

Posted on Jan 15, 2012, 1:30:26 AM PST
seanyboy says:
The Good:
I bought this a few months ago, just to see if I would be into the vinyl renaissance thing. I have a nice (but older) home theater system with a built-in phono pre-amp. I tried the receiver pre-amp first, but there was a buzzing sound that was caused by my dimmer switch (bad pre-amp ground perhaps). I then switch on the turntable's self-contained pre-amp and that was 100xs better. I use this turn table every day and buy a new vinyl once a week. I love love love it! I'm not an audio nerd, so I might not be the best judge, but it sounds as good as any music I've ever had in my home.
The Bad:
I have this set up real nice in my man cave. It's not the sexiest turntable in the world... Ugly dust cover (removed), bulky cheap gray plastic. Soon I want to upgrade to the Pro-jec RMP 1.3, if only for the looks.
Bottom line:
I love this thing! Totally worth the 80 bucks or so. But probably not my last turntable, I need a prettier unit.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012, 6:41:18 PM PDT
ahh so it has its own pre-amp...very nice

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012, 6:43:15 PM PDT
the pre-amp can be used or not, via switch. So it can run straight to speakers (via internal preamp), or through a receiver or external phono preamp)...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012, 12:40:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2012, 12:41:57 PM PDT
Did you get it? Any feedback?

Edit: Asking if anyone got a external amp with the lp60.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012, 7:54:24 AM PDT
M. Murray says:
I want to connect the Audio Technica ATPL60 turntable to Sony SS B1000 5 1/8" bookcase speakers.Is it compatible with their connectors.Where are the connectors on this turntable.Thanks for your info.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012, 8:15:57 AM PDT
M. Murray says:
I have old Bose 500 series speakers.They work fine but they have old style speaker wire connections.I want to add a new turntable and dont'know if they are compatible with these old connections.Also One of the screw down connectors is very difficult to tighten down.Is there a solution to this issue?Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 10:32:51 PM PDT
Hey, does it connect/need a speaker or do I have to get an amp. I am trying to get this for my boy friend and i am pretty confused.

Review Details