Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

2.0 out of 5 stars Faults associated with the A2B Bike, October 9, 2009
This review is from: A2B Lithium Ion 7 Speed Electric Bicycle By Ultra Motor 500w/36v **Upto 40 Miles on a Charge
I have had the A2B Bike for 5 days and find several negatives that come with it which should be considered before you purchase one. Have just had the privalege of walking my A2B 7 miles after being stranded with it. The tires on it are very cheap and cheesy. They puncture easily and after being deflated they are very soft and mushy. Walked to the bus terminal to take it home thinking I could just drop it in the rack like a normal bike rider could do but NO!! It does not fit. Tires are too fat and the bike is longer than a normal bike and does not fit, hence I was refused to load it and had to walk. Another observation is the power does not always activate when you applicate it. Was at a stop light and after it had turned green at times it had taken 4-5 tries to get it to kick in. I believe the A2B is still too much in it's infancy to be at least dependable.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2010 2:10:07 PM PDT
Roberto says:
The bike sucks. It is heavy, inefficient, does not brake properly, the front fork is not designed for the load, the throttle is capricious, gets discharged easily while stored... a piece of junk.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 7:00:22 PM PDT
Deborah says:
I bought three of these. Two for my Maui home so my teenagers don't have to drive my cars and I kept one in California. These bikes have been the most fun for my entire family. Yes, a little heavy, but very cool and fun. I constantly get questions from people about the bikes. My husband likes to ride his road bike long distances. I could never keep up with him before, ( he rode in the Tour de France). Now I ride past him and have to wait for him for a change! I love my 3 A2B Ultras and so does everyone else that has ridden one of ours. Highly recommended and a total blast!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 7:53:50 PM PDT
Deborah is Right! After having difficulties with my first A2B I studied up on them more and have cured most my headaches I had with it. I now have 2 A2B's One I keep at my home in Mexico and the other at my home in Vancouver. Definately keep a bottle of slime on hand and the pressure up on your tires.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2010 11:31:07 PM PST
Derek B. says:
Personally, I recommend thorn guards be installed inside the tire. I know these tires are a little different, but I imagine one can be found that will fit....or if not, will protect the vital areas. Glad to hear everything worked out for you Robin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 3:30:13 AM PST
I own a 500-watt Currie tech design--the tires and tubes are very cheap--to not be driven crazy--replace the Shipped/Tires and Tubes with better quality-WalMart carries better quality tires/tubes..also..add SLIME..its a very good product.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 3:31:43 AM PST
Replace your tires/tubes--the shipped ones are very cheap--WalMart has better quality..and YES--use SLIME.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:27:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 11:56:46 AM PST
Did you actually purchase this bike and use it? Because none of your criticisms are accurate based on my extensive experience.

Yeah it's heavy... it's an electric bike.. surprise!
Very efficient bike.. Can go 40 miles on less than 10 cents of electricity.. Even humans burn more than that.
Avid BB5 brakes are an industry stalwart, provided you know how to adjust them and set the pads.
Front fork is just fine, never thought a better one was warranted.
Battery holds a charge for a long time.. You have to charge it per the manual..duh.
Throttle is extremely smooth.

With over 7000 miles on my A2B, i can confidently state you know nothing about this bike. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:17:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 11:18:11 AM PST
I have owned my Schwinn 500-watt scooter some 5-years. In the time period-I needed to repair the wiring harness for broken connections. And the 40-amp Fuse Holder--was a piece of junk--I replaced it with one from Radio Shack. I have modified my Schwinn by adding 20-amp battery's../changing the battery box to the rear just behind the seat. I would suggest you use the FULL Tire Pressure--recommended on the side of the TIRE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 11:24:21 AM PDT
Joseph: With your experience, how do you feel about the tire complaints? Looking into purchasing this bike and all the tire complaints are concerning me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 1:57:14 PM PDT
Hi Joshua:
I now have 2 of the A2B's. One up north and the other at my home in Mexico. I now have rare tire problems and this is how I cured my headaches. 1: I lined my tires with liners; www.spinskins.com., 2: Put plenty of slime in your tires when you fill them with air., 3: Have at least 40-50 lbs of air in your tires. They now take a serious nail, wedge of glass or sharp metal object to put me out of commission. Air pressure is the key!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›