Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2012
Let's start with the negatives, so you won't think I've lied to you when it arrives...

Negatives
-Cheap feel and materials (though see my note on this below). Button to turn off alarm a bit small.
-Design a bit dated and dull/not exactly hip or cool

Postives
-Keeps time
-Battery operated (used for about 8 months so far and haven't had to change the battery)
-Small without being hard to read
-Light sensing auto backlight (adjustable), so can be read the time in the dark when one of your kids wakes you at 3am and you are trying to figure out where you are, what's happening, what time it is, etc. You just roll over and read -- no need to search around blindly for a button.
-Alarm sound pleasant/Loud enough to wake me while quite enough to not wake the entire household.
-Been thrown twice by a toddler (once leading to the clock snapping open at the seam, and both times leading to the batteries going flying) and STILL WORKS! I was even able to snap the watch back together, so looks like new. THIS ALONE MAKES ME LOVE IT.
-GREAT PRICE! So when my toddler finally does break it, I won't feel bad about getting another.
-Quite
-Has a snooze button which I don't use, but would probably be useful to a lot of people.

We live in a relatively small apartment and have small bedside tables already piled with my kid's hairclips, books, toys, etc. I needed something that didn't take up a huge amount of space, didn't need to be plugged in (since I can't stand cords going every which way, and you never know when an outlet will be in the right place), could be seen in the dark, wouldn't tick, had an alarm, wouldn't be painfully ugly (yes, perhaps not the most important thing, but I do have to look at it every day), and was cheap enough that it didn't kill our budget or make me cry when my son pulled it down and threw it across the room. This one seemed to fit the bill, and so I bought it, thinking that at this price it wouldn't be the end of the world if it broke.

Wish it was a little prettier or came in some fun color, but overall, this is the best alarm clock I have every owned. It serves me well and meets every need I have as both a mom and person with a full-time job (other than my children). It is SO perfectly useful that I get a warm feeling in my heart when I think about this clock. It has survived my kids and been there for me on too many nights to count -- a friendly little glowing green vision in the dark.
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?