Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

1.0 out of 5 stars Make that worst ever!, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Orgreenic 12 in Frying Pan Ceramic Cookware - Cook Delicious Healthy Recipes the Safe Way (Kitchen)
I am getting ready to purchase two 12" pans. I purchased the 10" pans from the TV ad, and this pan is fantastic. It got a lot of bad reviews elsewhere, but that is because the buyers either didn't treat the pan first, or they used heat that was too high. This pan cooks on an electric stove as fast as a gas stove. It browns beautifully and quickly ON MEDIUM HEAT. You cannot use high heat well on this pan unless you are really watching it. I do not know why the manufacturer doesn't mention that fact when they sent the pan. I can't wait to get the larger pan. This was a wonderful investment, much better than my very high-end non-stick cookware that I paid a fortune for. I wish I could get a lid, but I don't need another whole set of cookware.

Should have waited a few months. These pans are no better than any other. Everything sticks, and I have seasoned them several times. The gray on the bottom of the pan is impossible to clean, and it is wearing off. The only good thing about these pans is that on my electric stove they heat up fast.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2012, 8:02:09 AM PDT
RevDrRon says:
The problem with your review is that the TV infomercial says that you CAN heat to high temperatures. They actually mention "scientific" testing showing no "deteriation" up to 795°F. So what is the truth? I wil wait for more user tested reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012, 12:37:29 PM PDT
I am barley starting to read up on reviews about this product. From what you quoted about the infomercial, the problem with that, is they are stating what kind of heat/abuse the pan can handle. As with any other cookware that doesn't mean you should cook your food at 795°F

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012, 6:50:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012, 6:51:48 AM PDT
Susan says:
Why does the 10" pan get SUCH bad reviews? I know someone said because they didnt read instructions and use properly however, the difference in the ratings is CRAZY! Ir's on sale at CVS this week for $19.99 and if its that good, would love to purchase it at that price!

Posted on Dec 9, 2012, 5:25:17 PM PST
Keithmj says:
What did you do for a lid? Can you get one?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012, 12:41:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012, 9:33:36 PM PST
Answer to KEITHMJ:
The 12" Corning/Pyrex clear glass lid is a reasonable fit - since no glass lids seems to exactly fit saute pans (although they do fit a perpendicularly sided frying pan well). I have occasionally seen them sold separately at general retailers, and they always seem to be available at Corning/Pyrex outlet stores an probably through their website. Additionally I have found them at GoodWill - probably originally purchased with a Mirro, etc., non-stick fry pan that was junked. C/P also makes 10" lids that will fit the 10" saute pan, and I have also found those at GoodWill.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012, 1:05:28 PM PST
Response to P. AYERS "P, AYERS":

So, "It got a lot of bad reviews elsewhere, but that is because the buyers either didn' treat the pan first, or they used heat that was to high". Gee, who quit and left you in charge of (what you think is) the bloody obvious. Telebrands is shipping DIFFERENT pans even in the same shipment. PLEASE read my ONE STAR review - "SO, WHICH KIND of ORGREENIC PANS did you get??? Perhaps a clue to the different cooking results consumers are reporting!" Maybe that will convince you that there are different ratings given because there are different pans. Personally, I don't think that these pans are fantastic - I'm no even sure I can say they are better than the cheap Mirro pans I have purchased through the years, eventually recycling (aluminum) them when they were no longer "non-stick" enough to bother with. I fully and truly sympathize with the recipients of all the pans that DO NOT work as demonstrated and guaranteed by Telebrands. I guess you were lucky enough to get some good ones!

Posted on May 6, 2016, 8:09:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2016, 8:14:57 PM PDT
I have the nine inch and it is nothing short of miraculous. People with negative reviews think they can just use no cooking sense and achieve miraculous results. Treat it as you would any good pan (never stainless without really taking care every second) and it will do amazing things.
I have Cuisinart pots, ceramic lined and anodized aluminum, which cost well over a hundred bucks apiece, I have heavy aluminum and steel commercial pans; I have cast iron pots over a hundred years old. These all must be used properly, or they will turn to %$^*p.
Everything in cooking is knowledge. Treat this pan as you would a brand new cast iron pan, or a porcelain lined saute pan, and it will amaze you. Treat it like the advertisers assure you, suspend every single basic cooking principle, and you will have a bad experience, although I have never been able to get this bad result from my small pan, no matter how I abuse it. it is a gigantic improvement on Teflon and its heirs, and that is the competition, not my great-grandma's 150 year old seasoned cast iron skillet, which you may NOT have.
I have never seasoned my small pan, and I am currently buying a larger one. I hate to mention it, since any pan less than a hundred bucks is slumming it to them. I am the greatest skeptic you can find. If I have used one for several years and declare it excellent, you should buy one.
Do what I did. Buy a tiny cheap one and try to cook like you know what you're doing, and you will fall in love with it.
If you buy the majic BS, more do I pity you.
By the way, if you clean it to heck, it will, as every good old pan, stick. You are heating the food way beyond any safety issues in a fry pan. If you are so ingrained that every errant particle must be scrubbed until the pan bleeds, you don't have a clue. Never buy cast iron.
Don't buy this or any other pan and save Amazon a lot of shipping.
If fats are the issue, wipe the pan before its first use with some high temperature oil or shortening. Just wipe it. A giant glob of fat is not required. Then fry some eggs. The few calories that wipe will have added will make the pan work as promised, while adding, perhaps, ten calories, and the eggs will be delicious. Better yet, butter, but add a tiny bit of higher temp oil and watch it more carefully, so it does not burn.. But not if you lick the pan, which you might be tempted to do.
Are we so devoted to cultists that we cannot enjoy a fabulous breakfast for ten calories?
And have you ever had a wish to fry bolts? They lie, to sell stuff. But, in the realm of coated cookware, this is the dog, baby.
Bon appetit.....