Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 13, 2012
Best phone I've owned. Great combination of size and weight, plus delivers on usability and functionality for things I actually use! Very easy to work in and change settings, find files, transfer music, video, etc. Really happy with this phone and would highly recommend to everyone.

I've had Blackberry devices, iPhone 3G and 4, 4S, and this Galaxy S3 beats them all. I was new to Android, but it has been fine and the learning curve is more one of familiarity than anything else. Within a day of using this device, it felt like I had been using it for years. The widgets are awesome...that's something I didn't really think about or thought I would use/need, until I used them...great, handy things to have. The entire home screen(s) is customizable so you can have what you want where you want it. I don't like a lot of screens to move through, so I cut it down to two main screens, but every app is just a couple of clicks away if/when I need it.

The display on this phone is the best. Some say it is a little dim, and that is true on darker scenes, but overall I don't like an overly bright display and usually turn mine down to help conserve battery anyway. The colors are rich and it's very sharp. The HD is amazing.

I downloaded the gingerbread keyboard and youmail for voicemail, and both are fantastic. I had issues with the AT&T messaging app not showing me new text messages, so went back to the standard messaging and grabbed youmail, and am very happy with both.

The size of the device was shockingly large when I opened it, especially because I was coming from the iPhone 4S...that went away in about a minute. Now I can't imagine using the smaller phones. It fits in my pocket, and it's so light, it doesn't feel as large as it is. My wife just switched from her iPhone to the Galaxy Note...now that's a big phone! Compared to that one, this S3 looks tiny! The Note is really large, but even that was much more usable and functional than I expected (but that's for my wife to review in more detail!).

I have had no issues with the phone, I tweaked the settings after the first few days to help maximize battery life, and it now lasts more than a day. I watch videos on it every day and play music on my commutes, in addition to moderate texting and a call or two each day. The LTE is very fast and you can now use firefox on it so syncing across desktop and mobile use is really nice.

Camera and video are amazing. Best I've used on a smartphone, hands down. Expandable memory is a huge plus...16GB on the device and 32GB on a card is great. The NFC is still more a gadget but it's cool...using with the tectiles is nice, but still fairly limited for now.

So many features I haven't played with them all yet. One nice thing I stumbled across was changing the font size of messages in SMS by using the volume rocker...ingenious idea and great for my old eyes!

Won't be going back to Apple as long as this phone and its successors continue to deliver the way this one has.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?