Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Make My Same Mistake . . ., December 15, 2013
This review is from: Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk Slip-On Walking Shoe (Shoes)
I thought that Skechers being sold online via Amazon would be the very same quality as available in the Skechers retail stores.

Evidently, they are not the same at all~~!!

Having purchased two wonderful pairs (blue and tan) of these shoes at the Bellevue Square Skechers store, and finding them superbly well made and abundantly comfortable, I decided to buy a black pair for an upcoming trip for Christmas in Florida.

I was delighted to notice their availability via Amazon, decided to buy online to preclude having to shop at the mall at the holidays.
What a mistake.

The Skechers shoes in their retail stores are much better made, with soft binding around the heel, a more substantial fabric, and a quite comfortable inner lining; also accurately sized.
The black Skechers ordered online have a harsh, cheaply made binding that rubs badly around the foot and heel, a rough cheap fabric, and came through at least one size smaller than their retail cousins.

These shoes are high quality and very comfortable from the Skechers retail stores, but seem to be cheaply manufactured copies online~~
Hoping my error doesn't become yours by writing this review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2014, 6:52:56 AM PDT
Nitwit4Lit says:
You can occasionally run into knock-offs from some of the fringe sellers on Amazon. You should DEFINATELY comment on the seller page to let others know which seller sent you a knockoff. I always try to choose items that are sold by or fulfilled by Amazon to insure I don't end up with a bad item. The way items get grouped now- you can look at the same shoe in different colors and sizes on the same page...and end up with different sellers.

Posted on Jan 21, 2015, 10:28:28 PM PST
potato says:
It is better that you add seller information in your review or comment on the seller page to let others know which seller sent you a knockoff. It is more reasonable that to choose items that are sold by or fulfilled by Amazon.

Posted on Feb 25, 2015, 8:56:11 PM PST
u probably go the chinese knock offs online.... u should get your money back

Posted on Mar 31, 2015, 12:24:16 PM PDT
I had the same problem. I ordered skecher boots and the first pair were damage and the second time I was sent the wrong size. Really disappointed with Amazon on this one.

Posted on Apr 12, 2015, 11:11:29 PM PDT
I pray you are wrong, but if I receive them and they are as you stated; I will be sending them back. My feet are pretty much the only part of my body that hasn't been affected by my battle with cancer 3 X. If these rub your feet, I will get instant blisters and scars. I have them every where, where clothing has not fit properly and irritated my skin, which is so sensitive now. Thank you so much for your honesty.

Posted on Feb 17, 2016, 8:59:02 AM PST
But at least if you buy them from Amazon and need to return them you don't have to wait two or three weeks for a refund while they "inspect" them. Twice now it's happened to me. I now buy them from Amazon if I have to have them, no exceptions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2016, 9:15:06 AM PST
Taz,

They fell apart after the 30 day refund. I never received a refund or replacement. I have lost close to $2000 due to no refund policy after 30 days. Amazon does not like when you return items and they have threatened to close my account. So, I don't what Amazon you are talking about, but not the one I have dealt with. I come back because of the 40% of sellers out of 100% I have purchased from are good to me. Otherwise, I would have closed my account.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2016, 8:42:32 AM PDT
Carol says:
??? That's not the same problem at ll. This thread was about quality of the product, not Amazon customer service

Posted on Apr 27, 2016, 8:46:35 AM PDT
Thank you for validating my concern. I spent $45 on two pairs and they came apart after 45 days. Go figure we don't get a refund or replacement.
I am going to start shopping in the stores again because although Amazon may be convenient, the quality of products are crap.

Posted on Jun 4, 2016, 8:44:26 AM PDT
paula coil says:
i bought the same black ones and had the exact same problems
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›