Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 23, 2012
The watch is of fantastic design, from an aesthetic stance. I've gotten many compliments on the looks and it makes a fantastic conversation piece. However, about two months after I bought the watch from Amazon, it stopped working. Though the counterbalance in the back would turn fine, it would not wind the watch now matter how gently or frantically it was turned. Fortunately, the watch does come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects. Unfortunately, Stuhrling will not pay for shipping and requires a check for twenty dollars before they'll even take a look at the watch. I sent in all the necessary money and warranty information and received an email that the watch would be returned to me in six weeks.

So, six weeks later, I received my same watch in, what I thought, was perfect working order; the counterbalance spun perfectly and the watch kept accurate time again. Last night (approximately three days after I received my watch from the manufacturer) it quit working again. Needless to say, I will be contacting Stuhrling and requesting a refund of the purchase price and a new timepiece for their shoddy workmanship on this watch.

I was so excited about this watch, and it had been the favorite of my collection. But thanks to poor manufacturing, I'll be investing in something a bit more reliable this time.
11 comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?