Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2011
I am not anywhere near an expert on speakers. I wanted to buy my husband a home theatre system to go along with the Sony Bravia XBR55HX929 I bought him as a Christmas surprise, so I started doing a lot of research. Initially, I totally intended to buy one of those rinky dink HTiB sets but after many (10-15) trips into best buy asking 34325543 questions, I decided to spend more money and buy a quality system. What attracted me to this particular set was only the appearance of the speakers themselves. I needed "tall" front speakers due to the design of our set up, and these ones looked really nice. I was quite surprised to find, when I opened the box, that this set it just onkyo's TX-NR609 receiver and their SKS-HT870 speaker set.

There's nothing I can say about this that the reviewer before me hasn't, other than the box it was delivered in is HUGE. I didn't measure it, but I'm 5'6 and it came up to at least my under arms and was about 3 feet wide. Set up was fairly straight forward, I was able to do it by myself with no problems. The sound is awesome. We will probably never use even half of the options this thing is capable of, but just for TV and Movie use, I couldn't ask for anything more. We are very happy... My neighbors.... Not so much :)
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?