Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

I bought this book several days ago and read it at once. I'd been considering cutting out cable TV. I don't begrudge the small cost of this ebook, which is up to date, informative, and brings a great deal of useful information together. You might find some or even most of the information by a lot of online searching, but I'm happy to have it in one book, by an author who seems to know the subject in depth.

After reading this book and investigating some of the resources it cites, I made the big decision. Today I took the HD/DVR boxes back to the cable company, and stopped all the cable TV service to my home. I'd already owned some streaming-to-TV devices (Roku boxes, and a DVD player with wired internet connectivity) and used them to watch videos from Netflix and Amazon, so I'm not in entirely new territory. But this book helped me to find other resources in case I need other sources than my two standbys (Netflix and Amazon) for a show I really want to watch. Most importantly it helped me to feel comfortable with this new adventure. I've reminded myself today that I lived many years before having cable (or dish) TV, and somehow managed just fine. I think I'll be OK now too.
0Comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)