Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2007
I decided recently to get back in shape. I changed my diet, and began an exercise program. I looked into buying a Bowflex home gym, but decided against it after trying out one in a retail outlet. Instead I chose the Bowflex SelechTech dumbells and this bench. I'm very happy with my choice.

The bench itself if very well built, comparable to what you find in expensive gyms. I chose the 3.1 over the 5.1 because I required an adjustable bench, and the four positions provided with the 3.1 were plenty. No regrets there. Another nice feature of this bench is the foot rest. I use this for sit ups on the bench, and it works very well.

It took me about 45 minutes to assemble. The directions were easy to understand. It's a great combination with the Bowflex SelecTech dumbells, allowing for a very complete home workout. Be careful on price, however, as local retailers often offer these items at a discount. I purchased the 3.1 Bowflex bench at about 65% of the price now displayed on Amazon (with tax, unfortunately, but without the shipping costs). If you decide to buy on Amazon, wait until it's offered at a discount, or Amazon decides to cover shipping costs.

All in all, a great addition to the home gym. Highly recommended.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?