Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 18, 2010
These won't stack up to the most expensive, beefy models by Bose and others in the noise-canceling department, but do come out ahead of others I have tried in their price range. These are noticeably better at noise-canceling than many other models I have tried and I was really surprised by that - I had expected poor performance because of the low price. The sound is also quite good. All the nuances of the soundtracks to Avatar, The Hurt Locker, and Crazy Heart came through clearly and beautifully.

I have had issues with other noise-canceling headsets in the past - for whatever reason, they gave me headaches. Perhaps they gripped the head too tight, perhaps the canceling technology wasn't perfect. But the Panasonics had none of those problems. I have used these so far on three 8+ hour flights and thoroughly enjoyed having them. Positioned properly, the noise-canceling nearly canceled out the jet engines completely and I certainly couldn't hear any other people on the plane!

I like that they fold flat for front-pocket storage and come with airplane adapter. I also liked the momentary shut-off button so I could hear flight attendants. All in all, a very quality pair of headphones, quite unbelievable at this price point.
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.