Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Emmys GNO Shop Now STEM

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, March 18, 2011
This review is from: HA-434RTL Wireless Home Garage Driveway Business Office Motion Alert and Alarm Security Indoor Outdoor Infrared Detector System Kit (Tools & Home Improvement)
For the price, the motion sensor works well and definitely serves it purpose. With no range angle given on product, just distance, I was a bit reluctant at first. But the sensor seems to have about 120 degree view so when placed above my driveway and angled correctly, it alerts me to any motion in the driveway. Great ball, snap-on feature secures sensor to the wall bracked and makes installation easy. Base has a chime sensor or an alarm depending on your needs and unit is expandable for up to four sensors for one base unit. I plan to buy more sensors to add to the system. It serves its purpose as a very good warning device at a great price.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2012 5:11:17 PM PST
Thanks for the review.
How often do you need to replace the 9 volt battery in the sensor, or shoudl I say, have you needed to replace the battery yet? Also, what type battery does the base station take and how often have you had to change it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:28:18 PM PST
RJPStockton says:
I haven't had to replace the 9 volt battery yet and it's coming up on a year. So from that aspect of maintenance it is inexpensive and easy. I have added another sensor for a different area of the house outside. You can have four sensors off the base unit. That's nice if you want to expand your coverage. The base unit plugs in to a wall socket so there are no batteries needed. You can plug it in to the most convenient location where you are most likely to be alerted, although I can hear the alert just about anywhere in the house. It shows on the base unit which sensor is being activated. For the price, ease of operation, and reliability, it has been a great product!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 11:04:33 PM PST
The Reader says:
Thanks much for the info. Very helpfull.

I have the Driveway Alert and it works great and runs about a year before I need to change the sensor 9 volt battery in the sensor. I would rather use the Skylink system since you can tell what sensor is activated and thus know exactly where the activity is taking place. I have a couple of Driveway alert sensors but one never knows which side of the house is under attack :)

I decided to put one of the Driveway Alert sensors in the mail box so I can tell if I need to make the long walk to get the mail. The other sensor I have strategically placed next to the driveway. But as I said, the Driveway Alert would be much more informative for knowing where activity is taking place on the property.

I wonder why some people are getting only a week out of the 9 volt sensor battery? Some are getting only a month. I wonder if they are doing something wrong or using an old battery? Defective sensor units maybe? If the problem is some of the detectors are defective then one may not know he has a problem unit till the 30 day return privlege runs out and one would be stuck with a pice of battery eating junk.

I feel better about the situation knowing you have had a good experience with the Skylink.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 3:06:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 16, 2013 10:41:59 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:38:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012 7:40:48 PM PDT
The Reader says:
I have been using my Skylink HA-434RTL Long Range Motion Alert Kit with two sensors for about 5 months now. I have had no problems with the unit. The battery in each sensor is still going strong. Both my sensors get a lot of action since I am retired and working around the house and setting off the alarms many times each day. The transmitter range of the sensors is not all that great but adequate. 50' and several walls is about the max range. The sensing range of the passive infrared sensors is about 50 to 60' with an angle of coverage of about 80 to 90 degrees.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 11:06:54 AM PDT
desert_fire says:
I have had the system going on 10 months (since late spring 2012), and have yet to replace a battery. The more a sensor is triggered, the more it uses up the battery; my sensors undergo moderate triggering, though almost never after dark. I've noticed triggering is much less frequent in winter, than in the warmer months since there is less animal traffic (deer, cats, etc).

Will try to remember to update this when the time comes to change my first battery.

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 4:13:37 PM PDT
"and unit is expandable for up to four sensors for one base unit. "

Actually it's 4 per zone and 4 zone, so a total of 16 sensors for each receiver.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›