Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on November 23, 2010
I bought this unit as my laser printer was just too much wrt toner costs. I also wanted a wireless printer to share between all my computers (PC and Mac/iphone).

It is low cost (really low cost), and the print quality (at this price point) is great.

The reason that I'm not happy with this product, like I should be is just how poorly thought out the software is. During install, you basically are going to be loading up with a number of bloatware features (trying to not install these resulted in weird artifacts/or the software you need just not installing).

Also there's a little bubble that sit's on your desktop - really annoying. After all, I wanted a printer and a printer really should just work in the background without the need to be seen by me every time i use my computer.

Finally, the settings. The settings are crazy. First - no matter what I try, I can't get the printer to print in the proper order. Out of the box with all the defaults, I found that when I print a document - it prints in reverse order. Unacceptable. Going through the settings - I can't find the setting to lock this down. So I have to remember each time that I print to 'reverse' print order.

Also, there's a 'silent' feature. I haven't a clue what this does. It does make the printer a bit more silent, but it's not default. If there's some software to make the printer work just as well, but with less noise - shouldn't this be default?

Again, the install was a mess. Installing across computers (PC or Mac) was not fun. The fact that the settings were/are not correct out of the box, not fun. The bloatware/and the weird bubble that shows up on my desktops - really NOT fun. If the unit printed at lightening speed or completely silent, perhaps then I could overlook the poorly designed software - but it doesn't. The printer is just average.

I'm giving the OK rating because the print quality is average, the cost overall is great, and the software is poor. So it's just so/so.
2121 comments| 362 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.