on November 3, 2005
I was mildly outraged at the review by miss Amanda Richards, on October 28, 2005. Clearly she is not an *NSYNC fan. I don't know what's got her so bitter or where she got her facts, but I woudl like to straughten out her incorewct facts and enlighten those who aren't familiar of the group's origins. People should actually do their homework before posting uninformed reviews.
Please pay close attention.
The following is everything you need to know about the boy band *NSYNC, but were either afraid to ask, or just didn't want to know.
1. The name doesn't have anything to do with singing together in harmony. (This is absolutely NOT TRUE. Justin's mom Lynn 1st came upwith the name BECAUSE their voices were so in harmony. Luck would have it that they noticed AFTER they'd decided on their name that the last letters of their 1st names actually fit into the anagram of NSYNC. (JustiN, ChriS, JoeY, JasoN, JC
2. After Jason Watkins left the group, and Lance Bass signed up, they renamed him LansteN, so he would fit in. (True, Jason was the orignal Bass of the group but left and was replaced by Lance. They made an adjustment to Lance's name and gave him the nickname of Lanceten so that the oteher N in NSYNC would match Lance)
3. Lance Bass sings Bass, JC Chasez is a tenor, Joey Fatone is a baritone, Chris Kirkpatrick is a soprano, and Justin Timberlake is an alto. Or maybe his mom made that up too. (Okay what does she have agaisnt Lynn? For your information Amanda, Lynn DID NOT make that up, or anything else for that matter.)
4. Justin and JC are former members of the Mickey Mouse Club (TRUE and they were pretty amazing back then as well as their former cast members Tony Lucca-- FYI former MMC fans-he has an album available, Britney, and Chritina.)
5. Lance is that guy who wanted to go into space, but ran out of fuel too early (Yes, Lance has always wanted to be an Astronaut. Why he didn't go through with his trip into space after he went through all of the training is not for anyone to say.)
6. They call their music "Dirty Pop" (TRUE...if you are speaking of the Celebrity Album. It was what they called their new sound.)
7. They have three albums of this type of music, plus a Christmas Album, an early 1997 German release of their self titled album, and a strange pop/Christmas mix released in Europe in 1998. Oh yes, and also that song from the "Music of the Heart" soundtrack (Not True They have 7 albums: The European Debut Germany 5/26/97, USA Debut Album 3/24/98
The Winter Album released in Europe 11/17/98
Home For Christmas Released in USA 12/10/98, No Strings Attatched 3/21/00, Celebrity 7/24/01, *NSYNC's Greatest Hits 10/28/05 and only one album was ever called "Dirty Pop"--Celebrity. They have songs that have appeared on several soundtracks as well as recorded non soundtrack tracks: Music Of My Heart-duet with Gloria Estefan, Trashin The Camp-duet with Phil Collins for Disney's Trazan, SOmewhere, Someday-Pokemon The 1st Movie, If Only Through HEaven's Eyes-duet with Babyface-Light It Up Soundtrack, I Believe In You-duet with Joe, That's The Way It Is-duet with Celine Dion, Bring It All To Me-duet with JC and Blaque, As If-duet with Joey and Blaque, You ODn't Have To Be Alone-Grinch Soundtrack, I Don't Wanna Spend One More Christmas Without You-Platinum Christmas, That's The Way Love Goes-MTV Icon Tribute, Mt Kind of Girl-Justin Duet with Brian McKnight Give Into Me-JC appeared on Euge Groove CD, Let The Music Heal Your Soul-Bravo Allstars Compilation, Ready To Fall-Joey -On The Line Soundtrack, On The Line-Joey and Lance-On The Line SOundtrack, That Girl Will Never be Mine-On The Line Soundtrack, Falling-On The Line Soundtrack.)
8. This Greatest Hits album has twelve songs, representing all eleven of their hits (released between 1998 and 2002), plus a song only released in the UK (Mostly True-Could It Be You was available in the US if you purchased the Bye Bye Bye Single it was a bonus track. I walked right into Virgin Megastore a weeks before No Strings Attatched was released and picked up my copy.)
9. Chances are, if you're an *NSync fan (and will still own up to this) you already have the three albums, and the soundtrack, and therefore already own 11/12 or 91.67% of this album (Again I don't know what this young woman's problem is. She doesn't even have all her facts straight. As I said they have 7 albums released, not counting JC's Schizophranic and Justin's Justified. And just because she isn't a fan and can't appreciate how amazing *NSYCN is she doesn't think their fans will still admit to loving them and sticking by them? She obviously doesn't get the unique relationship between *SNYCn and their fans.)
10. The twelfth song just ain't worth it (Totally UNTRUE. Music of My Heart may not be their best song, but there is not anything they have ever sang or recorded that is not worth listening to. I happen to be a Gloria Estefan fan as well, so that does help the song a bit but the guys harmonize well with her and it is a lovely song. So It's not This I promise you...it doesn't need to be to be a great track.)
11. If you know anybody who still likes *NSYNC, they might like this as a gift, because after all, it has ALL their hits, and they WERE considered hot in their day, way back when. (Okay can we skip the sarcasm? This girl obvoisly isn't a fan and decided to write this review to tick off *NSYNC fans. While I might not have chosen all of the songs that Jive picked for the Greatest Hits list, everyone has different favorites. And as for WERE popular..Honey they still are and both JC and Justin will be releasing 2nd solo albums. Their fans have not gone away. The core group of us are lucky enough to be in the same age group as the guys, so we have grown and matured with them. We're not going anywhere. They cna get as sexy and mature as they want. We love them and we always will!
12. Just to round out this list, did you know that Justin's middle name is "Randall"? (Um..Yeah EVERY *NSYNC fan Knows that..along with the middle names for the rest of the guys...JC-Joshua Scott Chasez, Justin-Justin Randall Timberlake, Chris-Christopher Alan Kirkpatrick, Joey-Josheph Anthony Fatone, Lance-James Lance Bass. Where has this girl been living? Under a rock. This is stuff a true fan would know)
In conclusion. If you are a fan, good for you! If you're not, that's cool too, but don't come here pretending to know anythign about the talented men of *NSYNC.