on May 31, 2012
I bought another book about CFEngine a few weeks ago, and at half of it, I was not able to understand anything about CFEngine yet. The philosophy around promises, presented and explained by Mark Burgess videos wasn't there, and I almost gave up on CFEngine. It was just bad examples, dumb recipes, going against what the author of CFEngine wanted.

Then I bought this book, and I saw the light! I've now read the book and I'm writing clean CFEngine recipes with the feeling of doing a good job, which won't block me in the future.

This *is* the book about CFEngine 3.
Start with this one if you want to commit to the real CFEngine philosophy, the productive and clean one.
6 people found this helpful