Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on October 10, 2011
I like to read and there is so much out there I find it hard to choose. I also have very little patience with books for this reason; if it doesn't grab me or charm me or somehow seduce me from the start, I'd rather move on to something that does.

What Alice Forget did charm me at first. I became very involved in the story, but about halfway through I had a feeling of trepidation. I thought: "There is no way for this to end that would feel satisfying." But I was still pretty absorbed by the story, and was hoping that the author had a surprise waiting for me.

Sadly, this was not to be. Without badly spoiling the ending, let me just say it took not one but both of the predictable paths. The ending was so neat, and trite, and terribly pat. The book could have been titled "Chicken Soup for the Amnesiac's Soul." I almost felt like I'd been cheated. Moriarity is a good writer, and I expected better. It was just a letdown.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details