Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 15, 2012
Edit: July 2, 2012...

I've had the mattress for about five months, and I'm still in love with it. I haven't noticed any sinking spots anywhere, and it still cradles where it's supposed to. We've had super-hot weather here...over the weekend the highs were in the 100's, and I wasn't hot at all during the night. So, yup, the cooling gel must really work :)

Original Review, February 2012:
I've only slept on it for one night, but this is easily the best mattress I've ever slept on. I was a little scared of how it came; it was shipped via UPS in a big box (a box the size of my UPS man), and boy was it heavy! I unpacked the mattress and rolled it out (it was jelly-rolled, and folded in half...I got the full size, so I'm not sure how a larger mattress ships), and it rolled out upside down. Oops! I flipped it (again, it was heavier than I expected), and left it for about 10 hours to "recover". I slept on it last night, and it still had a little bit of a hump where it was folded over, but according to the insert from Serta, it should smooth down within 72 hours. It took me a little while to figure out a comfortable position...I was a side-sleeper on my old mattress, and I ended up sleeping on my back. It felt like I was sinking down for a while, which was different than my Simmons Deep Sleep spring mattress that I had gotten rid of. I felt really refreshed when I woke up this morning, which was nice.

I'm hot-natured, so I sleep with my ceiling fan on "low" year 'round...with this mattress I may not need to. It was very cooling; when I rolled over the mattress was really cool, and the memory foam never made me hot. I'm in the 'burbs of Atlanta, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I stay cool in bed this summer. My only issue, well, not really an issue, just something I have to get used to, is that my bedroom is narrow (my bed takes up most of the length of the room), so I usually just sit on the foot of the bed, and climb up to get into the bed, and vise-versa getting out of bed. With this bed, it's a little tricky, when you try to move, you kind of sink down. Like I said, not really an issue, just something I have to get used to.

Even though I had a bad experience with my last spring mattress (literally three months after my warranty ran out, a metal rod on the side popped loose and struck through my bed sheets), I was a little nervous about memory foam/gel foam in general. After last night, I'm not nervous, and would definitely recommend this mattress to anyone. I plan on updating this review after a while, too, as memory foam is suppose to change over time.

I thought I would add in that I have not noticed any odor from the mattress.
22 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?