Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 29, 2011
I was originally shopping for a portable DVD player for my family to use on our 2011 summer vacation and I happened to stumble upon this Cinepal Personal Media Player. I honestly thought it was too good to be true. I read many reviews about it online and quickly realized that if this media player was as good as the reviews said it would be well worth the money. All of the portable DVD players that I was considering were quite a bit more expensive than the Cinepal.

After I decided that I was serious about the Cinepal I went to Best Buy to test it out before I purchased. They had it listed on their website but when I arrived at the store they said that it was only sold online and they didn't have one for me to demo. Not good. I am the type of person who must ALWAYS take new toys for a test drive before I shell out a good chunk of change. I thought about this product some more and with the help of the reviews here on Amazon I decided that I could afford to gamble with the $115 and would just hope that the product is all that it claims.

I received the item from Amazon/Tiger Direct and was very pleasantly surprised. The device works great! The picture is beautiful and the device seems to be well built (for a $115 item). Adding movies to this device is also very easy to do using the freeware app Handbrake. (Another reviewer lists the exact settings you will want to use)

I did find that the volume is a little weak if you are trying to watch a movie in a car with the windows down but that is what headphones are for or a line in port on your stereo.

The only warning about my review that I would like to make you aware of is that I ONLY use this for the video aspect and the occasional picture viewer. I can not speak about how well this works as a ebook viewer or a MP3 player.

If you are looking for an inexpensive video player this is a great product to meet your need at a very affordable price!
What's this?