Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on February 15, 2009
I have used most of Microsoft's keyboards. With a typing speed of 180wpm (Mavis Beacon) and a computer related job - keyboards are my life.

I got this new keyboard with my new Dell system at work last week. At first I thought these keyboards would be pretty crappy because of their $14 price tag. The first thing you notice when you type on these keyboards is how quiet they sound... Well, that goes away with a few hours of use (for me anyways). After a few days of use the keys really loosen up and become pretty loud so if you are looking for a quiet keyboard, this isn't it. However, the smoothness of the keys allows for some pretty fast typing. I bought one for home and have been using this keyboard as my main keyboard for a few days because I liked it so much. It is pretty compact, doesn't require any drivers for the special keys to work, I like the build and ease of key presses.

I'm surprised how long and how fast I can type without the "wearing" out feel I got with other normal keyboards. This keyboard will remain my "main" keyboard for many months at work and at home.

Compared to the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 - this keyboard is much more quiet and takes much less desk space. There is also more keypress length (whereas the Comfort Curve 2000 has a notebook feel). This keyboard is significantly lighter as well but it has well built/placed rubber grips so it does not slide on the desk no matter how hard/fast you type.

I'd definitely recommend this keyboard for anyone looking for a well built cheap keyboard.
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.