Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 22, 2012
I decided to write this review after weeks of trying to deal with Leapfrog after the toy would NOT Sync. My 3yo daughter was so excited about her Violet and it would have been great had it worked. I continually got Error Code 400 (audio files would not download) every time I tried to sync it. After spending hours trying to sync it and download the software on two different computers, it still would not work. So, I emailed support at Leapfrog only to get a rehashing of what I had already tried. The response time from Leapfrog took at least 3 days or more between emails (between every email I sent). Finally, I decided to call the company only to be put on hold and to be put in touch with an incompetent support person who promised to email me with information to collect log files from my computer. Did I receive this email? No! So, after another two days of waiting, I called the company again and another support person finally sent me the email to collect the log files. I followed his instructions and sure enough the log files proved that the toy DID NOT work! I was supposed to receive a new toy, but then I was told I had to physically deface the product, take a picture of it, and then email the picture to Leapfrog in order to get a replacement. All this after I had already spent HOURS and DAYS trying to get support! I decided it wasn't worth my time to go through another hour defacing and picture sending over a $25 toy. Leapfrog should honor its products and make it right when the toy doesn't work. The hassle I had to go through, and this toy in particular, is just not worth it.
44 helpful votes

2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello!

My Pal Scout and Violet are covered by our warranty, which you can check out more info on here: http://www.leapfrog.com/en-us/legal/warranty We are more than happy to help troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing, in many cases simple troubleshooting enables us to resolve these issues and further steps are no longer required.

The replacement process requested by our agent that you describe was intended to help avoid physically shipping the product in for replacement. We believe taking a picture of the product with your unique RMA number and attaching it to an email response is a quicker and more convenient option for return than physically shipping or returning the item to a local retailer.

In 2014 after receiving and considering useful feedback from Customers, My Pal Scout and Violet were transitioned from a USB connection using the LeapFrog Connect software to a more widely available audio jack connection through www.LeapFrog.com/MyPals2 This transition enabled increased compatibility and a quicker more fluid process for customizing your Scout or Violet Pals.

We sincerely appreciate you reaching out to us and thank you for providing the details of your experience. We are always open to feedback and take it into serious consideration during future developments.

Thanks!