Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 23, 2011
I've been using this mower for a few months and so far I've been loving it. No noise and no more fumes. Its nice to be able to cut the grass while talking on the phone or listening to music. I can cut the grass early in the morning before it gets hot without disturbing the neighbors. The mower adjusts from 1" to 4" so I can cut my fescue at 3-3.5" which is higher that my old gas mower could cut. This mower weighs around 35lbs or so, which makes it much heavier than other reel mowers on the market. However the flywheel and the extra heft allows you to easily push it through thick grass. It doesn't produce that perfect cut like a gas mower, so you will have a few stray blades that didn't get clipped, but it cuts the blades so cleanly that its almost like someone cut the grass with a pair of scissors :) I'm amazed at how well it cuts without stressing the grass. My old gas mower is forsale on craigslist and I don't think I'll ever own another gas mower. My yard is roughly 1/4 acre with a fairly steep hill in the back yard and it only takes about 10 mins longer to cut using this mower than my old gas mower. The only downside is that this mower doesn't handle overgrown grass very well. You will have to set it to its highest setting, and make multiple passes, so be sure to cut regularly.

PROS:
- No Noise
- No fumes
- Can cut higher than most gas mowers
- Only reel market on the mower that can go as high as 4"
- Adjustable handle to suit your height
- Much lighter than a gas mower, so easier to push on inclines
- Cuts grass into confetti/ribbon strips for easy grass-cycling
- Transports easily (handle quickly detaches using 2 cotter pins)

CONS:
- Very difficult to cut overgrown grass
- Difficult to cut wet grass.
- No way to collect clippings which could be an issue if you have a lot of weeds.
- Would be easier to turn and handle dips if rear wheels were larger.
- Doesn't cut tall/bendy weeds well. They bend under the mower and pop back up.
- Only cuts when moving forward, takes longer to cut around obstacles than it would with gas/electric mower

Spring 2011 Update:
This mower has made me a victim of my own success. The yard looks better than ever but I now have to cut 3 times every 2 weeks to keep the grass in check, and if we've had rain, my tall fescue is on steroids and I get a real workout.

My grass cutting time has increased as tall leggy weeds have popped up in the back yard. They bend and go under the blade and pop right back up. So I have to back up several times to get the head of the weed in the mower just right to cut it. My front yard has few weeds, so this isn't a problem. However its a real pain in the back yard. This will get better as the turf improves. However if you have more weeds than lawn, a reel mower might be very frustrating.

Fall 2013 Update:
I finally gave it up. I've put a lot of work into my lawn over the past few years and it is really starting to thrive. So much so that I don't have the time to cut it every 5 days with the fiskars, and if you ever get behind with this mower, you will regret it. Since I have tall fescue, it can easily grow to 8-9 inches in just over a week.

So I purchased a battery powered mower. I went with the green works 19" lithium ion gmax mower and love it. Much easier to cut tall grass and around obstacles. Cutting the grass is significantly less work now. Only downside, is that even though the green works is quiet, I miss the silence of the fiskars.
1212 comments| 358 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.