Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars they just keep getting worse and worse, dont waste your money, this book gets no where, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Awakened: A House of Night Novel (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this series, i genuinely enjoyed it. I thought it was intresting and captivating, however, with each additional book they just go down hill. I can clearly see the authors are just in it for the money, the more books in the series the more money in the bank. It kind of makes me sick. I felt like this book did not take me anywhere, I did not learn anything new, it just a whole lot of time to tell readers what they already know. Get to the point all ready ladies. I have given up on this series, I cant believe it has taken me this long, but I had faith we would finally get some answers in this book. I was so very wrong. Dont waste your time and money on this series which started with so much promise is now begging to be put out of its misery.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2011, 4:51:08 AM PST
Heather says:
I agree completely. This book is ALL fluff. The only real stuff that happens can be summed up in a paragraph, everything else is just filler, and repetitive filler no less.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011, 7:09:28 AM PST
nycchic120 says:
Great review. I am not even going to bother borrowing it from the library. Did you know there are going to be 12 books in this series? When really you can finish it in 5-6 books and make it good without repetitive filler books. And then they want to make a spin-off with another 12 books about Stevie Rae. Who wants to read that?

This series was just OK, but it's gotten very stupid and predictable. You think we would have had something new, but Neferet is still the villain. That's just boring. You need to do new things. Add more story lines. You cant have the same villain throughout the whole thing. If you're going to do that, make the series shorter!

Posted on Jan 5, 2011, 8:48:32 AM PST
JBright~ says:
Thank you for being honest! You helped me dodge a 9.99 bullet!

Posted on Jan 5, 2011, 9:44:55 AM PST
S. Power says:
Thanks for the review. I decided after the last book that I wasn't going to read anymore and then was having second thoughts.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011, 11:38:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2011, 11:39:39 AM PST
LoVe BoOks says:
Amen! I reviewed this book for the German Amazon page and pretty much came to the same conclusion. I loved this series too, but I now see that I probably should have stopped reading it a while ago. The authors only care about making as much money as possible and are dragging this story out on purpose. I'm not gonna support this anymore - Awakened is my last HON novel too.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011, 10:53:25 PM PST
You just saved me 10 bucks. Thank you. I wasn't thrilled with the last book, so I was very hesitant on buying Awakened. I'm also the type of person who has to know what happens..but honestly, not knowing what happens in this series..is not bothering me at all. I enjoyed the first two or three books..after that it just became too much.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011, 10:14:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011, 10:15:25 PM PST
Bonnie says:
Yes they do keep getting pretty bad. I had book 7 "Burned" on my bookself for a year before I read the whole thing (I started it 4 times) and the only reason I read the entire book ('cause I did not care for the story) is that "Awakened" was going to be delivered to me, which I read quickly and was sooooo disappointed...so I too am done with the series. I didn't even know what the premise of the story was about. There was just too much of nothing going on in "Awakened".

Posted on Jan 11, 2011, 6:19:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2011, 6:21:42 PM PST
I was TRULY excited for this book, I read Twilight for the first time Xmas season 2008 (1 month after Twilight hit the cinema) & a new genre opened up to me (as a lifelong vamp luvr I never knew these books existed!). I loved all the HON's so far &this has seriously let me down :( DONT BUY IT. Borrow it, save the $$$$ email me if u need a copy..

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 2:56:34 PM PST
Thanks for the review! I've been on edge with this series since Kalona (or whatever his name is...) came into the picture, but all of these horrible reviews for this book just confirms it, no more house of night series for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›