Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price., November 4, 2016
This review is from: LG Electronics 43UH6030 42.7" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016) (Electronics)
Please be advised I only paid $299 for this TV. For this price, the TV is an absolute steal. If you pay $397+ for it, I'd still consider it a good price.

This is a really good TV. This is my first 4K TV and probably my last until 4K OLED becomes more affordable. Picture is great, color gamut, contrast, sharpness all good. Sound is surprisingly full for a flat TV, there's some decent low-end. Some people will say buying a < 50" 4K TV isn't worth it because you can't discern the difference between 4K and 1080.. well, I sit within 9' viewing distance of the TV and I have 24 year old eyes, I see a great difference between 4K and 1080. UHD content on Netflix and YouTube looks marvelous, and I haven't had the chance to see UHD+HDR blu-rays yet.

WebOS 3.0 is surprisingly good. I was thinking the first thing I'd get for this is the new Chromecast Ultra with 4K and HDR capability, but after using WebOS 3 built into the TV, I don't think I'll need the chromecast, and I LOVE chromecast. WebOS has Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Vudu, Plex, Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Movies and TV, and I can cast most if not all of those from my phone or computer. This TV even has Miracast / Intel WiDi.

Now here's some info you might be looking for before buying this tv. YES it will "display" HDR content, when you play an HDR movie on Netflix for example, a little blip shows up in the top right of the screen saying HDR, and you get to choose between HDR Vivid/HDR Bright/HDR Standard presets. Is this TV HDR10? I'm not quite sure. Some say yes, others say no because this isn't a 10-bit panel. I will update this when I can find out more. I'm really looking forward to watching The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime in 4K+HDR. :) Oh and planet earth 2.

Gaming performance - I wouldn't buy this if gaming is your primary reason for having a TV. The input lag isn't horrible, but you're not gonna be a snap shot in CoD or TitanFall 2 with this TV, and that's with Game Mode on. I know some people can't feel a difference but I have trouble wanting to play games on this because of the input lag.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

edit on 11/21/2016: I see some other stores are having sales on this TV around black friday at the same price I got it at, $299. I say definitely go for it if you see it at that price!! Oh and take the other "reviews" of this item on amazon with a grain of salt. Both of the 1-star reviews are not representative of the product whatsoever.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2016, 6:25:42 AM PST
incode says:
Does turning the True Motion feature on help with the input lag for gaming?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2016, 7:02:42 AM PST
Nate B says:
No it actually will make it worse. Anything that adds onto the workload of the cpu will make the input lag larger. Putting it on game mode and turning off all additional options like noise reducer, trumotion etc is the only way of reducing input lag to semi playable levels.

Posted on Nov 10, 2016, 9:36:37 PM PST
does the tv output 4k through the apps installed on the tv itself? or is it better to buy a 4k capable streaming device?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2016, 9:39:01 PM PST
Nate B says:
Yes they all display in 4k. I've watched 4k content on Netflix and YouTube and HDR 4K on Netflix and I'll test that on Amazon Video on Nov 18.

Posted on Nov 11, 2016, 12:15:47 AM PST
sss says:
where you purchase for 299?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2016, 12:19:40 AM PST
Nate B says:
MicroCenter in Mayfield Heights OH. They had them on sale at other microcenter stores too.

Posted on Nov 12, 2016, 4:39:54 PM PST
cnvrtble98 says:
I was thinking about getting this to put in my computer room to watch tv while doing things on my computer. I was hoping to also use it a bit for gaming since I am adding a GTX 1070 to my rig. I don't really play games like COD or BF but you comments about input lag scare me. How bad is it on other types of games?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2016, 4:42:35 PM PST
Nate B says:
It's really not that bad. The first time I tried it I must have had some settings wrong or something. I was playing Forza horizon 3 and it felt like driving slightly drunk because of lag. I tried again last night playing Battlefield 1 and it seemed much better. Slightly noticeable but didn't hinder me.

Posted on Nov 15, 2016, 6:27:44 PM PST
Anon says:
Hi, do you think it would be a good fit for the PS4 Pro? I plan to buy this TV specifically for gaming and what would your opinion be about the performance for RPG's like Final Fantasy or any of the 2K games like WWE 2K17?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2016, 6:31:14 PM PST
Nate B says:
For the price (if you find it for $299) you can't beat it, but if you want to get the best TV for 4K HDR gaming, I'd keep looking. This isn't a 10-bit panel so it can't take advantage of full hdr10 or Dolby vision. Also the response time is okay but not super competitive.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›