Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2012
This book is so simple and the reason I like it so much. So easy to read...just take 15 minutes of your day to read the few pages for that day's "addition" to the program and then the hardest part...applying it!! As usual no matter how much you learn and how many good intentions you have there is only one YOU who can do the actual work.
We all know the importance of drinking water but I like how the author digs deeper into the why's of this fact and the many other interesting topics/food products she brings to the table. Some things are not new ideas to me but some were.Overall it's a very light-hearted, positive way to read about some things us "less-disciplined" folks would rather not take the time or energy to do. :-)
As I've mentioned, it's one thing to understand what is/is not good for you but another to actually do it...that being said I suggest going into this book with the mindframe to really be committed to following through. I can admit I struggle with this in general and found myself skipping around in this book, doing some of the things and not the others. I suppose that any positive change is better than none but I can say I do believe this book's guidance would lead to some great health benefits the more you can follow it's daily suggestions.
I'm not vegetarian at this point but certainly understand all the health, environmental, moral, etc. reasons to live such a lifestyle so was not at all offended by the authors notes affirming this. I think it's important for everyone to keep an open mind and it never hurts to try something to see if it fits you personally or not...I know from my own experience whenever I have gone on any variation of a low-sugar, low-dairy or no red meat diet I feel better, lighter, have better digestion,etc. so what's the harm in entertaining a vegan diet if only for a week or two just to try it?? I didn't get the impression the author was "sneaking in" this info or had a hidden agenda by any means.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?