5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Great Protection, Great Looks, Lack of Compartments,
This review is from: Thule TAS-115 15" MacBook Sleeve (Personal Computers)
I have been looking for a sleeve for my 2012 Macbook Pro 15''.
Since Macbook itself costs over 2200 dollars, spending little over 30 dollars for the sleeve did not seemed too bad.
1. Looks and feels incredibly sturdy.
2. Zipper is made in a way that it could actually block water from getting in. (That's why people are having problem with opening this sleeve)
* Zipper does not scratch your laptop, don't worry.
3. Band inside of the sleeve holds the laptop well in place.
4. It looks good. (It will definately grab people's attention. If you do not want that, dont buy this)
5. Fits Macbook pro 15'' perfectly. (I have swapt my laptop from 2012 mbp to 2012 mbpr. I have to see how my retina fits in here)
1. Lack of extra compartments (I had a sleeve from Mandarina Duck for my Adamo from Dell, which I loved because it had extra compartment that I could throw in my charger and other small items)
2. Can be bulky.
3. Straps that holds the upper part and lower part (on the right and left edges) sticks out when trying to close this sleeve, so you have to always put those straps back into the case before you can zip this sleeve for a closure.
Over all, I am happy with my purchase, and I will not be returning this item.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2012, 1:44:32 PM PDT
Hi, thanks for the helpful review. One question: Per your comment above, how's the fit with your MBP Retina?
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013, 6:43:50 PM PST
S. R. MARTINEZ says:
Yes, please reply. I'd like to know myself how the Retina Display 15" fits in there.
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013, 7:15:55 PM PST
UPDATE: I ended up buying this sleeve and I can confirm it fits the MBP Retina 15" perfectly, even with a protective cover (I suggest this one -- TopCase Macbook Pro 15-Inch A1398 with Retina Display 2-in-1 CLEAR Rubberized Hard Case Cover and Keyboard Cover (LATEST VERSION / No DVD Drive / Release June 2012) +TopCase Mouse Pad ). It has all the quality you would expect from Thule. Highly recommended, but do be aware, as noted, it does NOT include space for cords, mouse, etc., just the MBP +/- case. If you're okay with that, you cannot go wrong with this sleeve. It's awesome. PS: As has been noted, the zipper requires more effort than usual, but that's because it's (a) very high quality and (b) intended to keep out moisture. Disregard complaints about those (excellent) features.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›