Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 28, 2009
I 100% agree with Weinberger's review.

I read through chapters 2-10 of this book, and although there were many good explanations of things, some explanations were lacking and left me frustrated. For example, the description of event handling didn't make any sense to me, even after I read it several times. After reading O'Reilly's Nutshell book on event handling, however, I had a clear understanding of the subject.

Also, Weinberger is right when he states that certain important details seem to be missing. For example, when reading the section on enumerations, I didn't see any description of how enumeration members get default-initialized.

After reading Chapters 2-10, I'm giving up on this book. I like it enough that I'll keep it on my bookshelf as a reference, but, at the same time, I'm not super-thrilled with the quality of this one.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.