Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

VINE VOICEon May 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Linksys EA2700 is a good midrange router. If your only goals for it are connecting wirelessly with your phone, tablet, or laptop it should perform flawlessly.

I tried to set it up as someone who is not too familiar with routers. The instructions that come with basically say to insert the included CD into your computer, plug the router into your computer, and then follow the prompts. This is what I did and the entire process was painless. Everything worked perfectly when I disconnected the cable and attempted to connect wirelessly. I then proceeded to add the router to my phone's wifi and my tablet's wifi. Everything connected without a hitch. The only surprise was the the process of setting up the router took about ten minutes. Granted almost all of that time was spent staring at my laptop waiting for the software to finish (no interaction required from me). Still... It took longer than expected.

If you're familiar with good ol' 192.168.x.x then that works fine too. If that made no sense, don't worry about it, the included software takes care of everything for you.

Personally, I feel that there is not much that is worth the premium price for the router. It's not that it's bad--it's just not amazing.
Apparently, there is an Android app that is available that can also adjust settings but, for the life of me, I can't see how that's very useful. Instead, I wish it included a USB connector so I could print wirelessly. That's becoming a common feature in "better than low end" routers, these days.
On the plus side, the setup software is easy and it's attractive. I like the internal antenna design and haven't noticed any degradation of signal compared to my other two routers (both with dual external antennas).
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.