Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 2, 2011
First off, let me say this: I was afraid this would be a nightmare to install or wouldn't have the range allowing me to place the camera where I wanted it. Not so. It agreeably surprised me on both counts.

It has built-in motion detection and upon detection will allow you to be notified by email, upload the picture to ftp and/or update an http of your choice.
It allows for the default admin account to be changed (which some other do not which would be a major security issue for me) and connects to my router over WPA-TKIP.
the ftp upload can also be configured on a regular basis, which is the feature I am using at the moment to feed sensr.net with recent captures.

overall, this has worked right out of the box for me which I was very weary of but no, everything went as scripted.
Do note that the CD coming with the camera has windows-only software on it so if you are a mac-only house (or shop), the only way you can make this work would be if your network is a 192.168.0, then you can hit [...] and hit the camera from there directly. In my case, my network is different and I had to use the excellent search tool provided, which found the camera and allowed me to make the camera available on my network.

Overall just great!!!
no complaints, I will buy 4 more to put under the eaves all around the house.
12 people found this helpful