Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on March 22, 2012
I've had this GPS for about a week. I am very happy with most aspects of this device. Screen and maps are great, better than any other I have seen. Voice recognition is excellent. I only wish more features (such as screen zoom) were available through voice control. Routing has been perfect so far. POI list is excellent as well. Smartphone link is a great idea but incomplete without IOS support.

This would be a 5 star review except for one major blemish. Despite my being in the NY metro area in a spot where Navteq shows "strong" coverage my traffic reception is near useless. In ten hours of driving I have had accurate traffic for less than 15 minutes. A quick Google search shows the GTM-60 traffic receiver/traffic firmware has clearly had problems in the past. What is not clear is whether these issues have been completely resolved. I went through all the troubleshooting and fixes posted on the web (including Garmin's site) and with a Garmin CSR. The Garmin rep said he never heard of a problem with this unit and I could return it(at my expense). I will return the traffic receiver and hope for the best although my gut feeling is that they have still not resolved their firmware problems.

So I am deducting 1 star for the defective traffic feature and 1 star for the 30 minutes I spent on hold to speak with an uninformed and patronizing customer service rep who wasted an additional 45 minutes of my time before agreeing to the RMA (much of that time was trying to convince him that the NY metro area is supposed to have Navteq coverage - he was having some map reading problems).
77 comments| 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.