Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 29, 2010
Much positive can be stated about this plate: It is perfectly finished, black oxidized. In a typical Acra-Tech design it is hollow, what makes it very light. I see 25g approximately on my scale (below 1oz). Its edges are nicely rounded up, what allows the plate to stay on the camera without being annoying. Compared to this product I found the original Arca Swiss plate to be not only significantly heavier, but also unpleasant in touch when kept on the camera.

But, there is a "bad news" in my eyes. Its the hex-hole screw head, for which user needs a 5/32 (4mm) hex Allen-wrench. I do not like that. I always prefer a large flat head with a slot, which I can turn using a coin or a key. If you are like me, and keep losing or forgetting these plates, here is more item which might be lost or forgotten!

However, Acra-Tech's customer service is splendid: When I wrote them my opinion about the screw head, they just promptly shipped me a slot-head screw! Acra is obviously not only a fine innovative company, but it also has clearly a top class customer service, matching the quality of their precision products!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details