Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

I have to admit: This book surprised me. I honestly did not have the highest of hope for it, but Daniel Cohen pleasantly surprised me. I didn't expect this book to suck me in the way it did. This was a fun, quick read.

I wasn't sure I would like Sam. He's described as cocky and self-assured, which is usually a turn off to me. I was so happy when he was revealed to be more human than self-obsessed football jock. In fact, reading about Sam's journey was great. Sam is strong, but he isn't without his vulnerabilities. He also learns a lot of crucial lessons on his journey that can translate into real life and will resonate with younger readers.

I love Cohen's imagination. The world he created just blew me away. It's fantastical and whimsical and intense ... I loved it. He gives just the right amount of detail to explain things without going overboard. The supporting characters intrigued me to no end.

I have never read Harry Potter, and I can only imagine people will draw comparisons to it because of the sorcerer angle. If Harry Potter is half as good as Masters of the Veil, maybe I should give it a shot. I can't wait to read the rest of Cohen's series!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.