Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 17, 2014
I can suspend my disbelief when it comes to werewolves, vampires, and witches, but there is no way I'm going to believe that a close group of people would FORGET that a woman mentally abused a child under their care, treated their alpha like crap, or has always been a conniving selfish piece of work. No. I'm not buying it. She's not even being a good mother to Jesse right there in front of them and they still take her side? If that's the case, then all the wolves in Adam's pack are awful terrible stupid people and I don't like or respect any of them. Most of all, Adam is the worst because no decent man would allow anyone to passive-aggressively hurt his wife and would never let an unworthy shallow EX try to come between them. Share a bathroom? For her to even think that THAT would be acceptable, she had to know that Adam wouldn't mind. And again, I'm sorry, but that makes him pretty worthless in my book.
I also think that having to use a island volcano is jumping the shark. Coyote was stretching it, but ok, there's a reason, but desperately grasping for an obscure bad guy to flesh out a weak plot? Shark time. And yes, Chrissy is so wholly unredeeming that there's no way I'd believe that anyone would go to extremes to have her. I'm not buying it.

And so we leave Mercy Haupman a lot like Sookie Stackhouse was always left--scared and in the hospital while the reader winces and says, "if our heroine is getting this damaged, it's not fun anymore." Burn scars, on top of the scars from the rest of the series. If this is the second to the last book, I'm worried that, like the Sookie Stackhouse series, I won't be able to buy the last book and finish the series because this story was hastily thrown together and poorly thought out. It's obvious that a contracted publishing deadline had to be met. The last book in this series had a lot of potential to go very very badly.
46 people found this helpful