Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 11, 2011
Before I watched the movie, I was expecting a documentary on a bunch of herders/cowboys simply tried to move the sheep from point A to point B, with some breathtaking scenery.

However, after I watched the movie, I was so disgusted by it, mainly by the way these people would treat animals. Those foul-mouthed cowboys/ranchers ought to be ashamed of themselves! The first horrified scene were shots of shearing. The shearer dragged the sheep and pinned it on the floor, not a table. At first I wondered why there were multiple red spots on his pants, then I saw sheep was cut at its neck and it was bleeding. I think the worst scenes for me personally was the way they handled baby sheep. They tossed those lambs around like they are steaks, stacking them on top of each other. The bottom of the "stack" consisted of a lamb they just pulled out 5 seconds ago, then he literally threw 2 lambs more on top of it. I understand for those who grew up around the ranch, this might be a mesmerizing film. But for city folks like myself, I am completely appalled. I am trying to think of a positive message this film has brought to the table, but I cannot find any. There is no narration in this documentary, so good luck with figuring out what is going on yourself. The only cool scene that I can think of was when the herd was passing through town, on a paved main road.

Bottom line, if you were exposed to the ranching industry, go for it. If you try to buy this as a gift for your animal loving friend or a nice, soft-spoken aunt of yours, don't, or they'll be as horrified as I am.
1414 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details