Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 31, 2011
I bought this Ear Force XL1 headset a month or two ago. It's good for sound quality, it's durable, and the cords are very long (useful if you sit far away from your Xbox). I had a pair of wireless Turtle Beaches a few years ago, and while they were good, there was often feedback from the transmitter and they lost connection fairly regularly. So, I was not exactly ready to drop any money on another wireless headset. The XL1 is a low-price headset, and the features are good for the price. The sound isn't going to blow you away, but it's a nice solution for late-night gaming. I'd give this headset a higher rating, but there's one HUGE problem with them.

The built-in microphone is incredibly noisy and my Xbox Live friends refuse to play with me if I'm using it. They complain that all they can hear is feedback from the game I'm playing, and my voice comes out garbled and muddy. I tested it with people out of my friends list, and same thing: very annoying feedback. I've given up on using the mic altogether, so I really only use the headset now for offline and solo gaming. Perhaps this is only an issue with my pair, because I've not seen much on other sites describing the same problem. Maybe I'm unlucky, but I can't give this a great review because of this issue.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.