Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 23, 2008
I've been playing MMO for awhile, meaning I'm one of the millions of ladies who began playing with the WOW movement. I continued through my 12 steps of getting out of wow and still had the entertainment from other MMO including a few Betas which have not seen daylight.

Warhammer online is not a replacement to WOW, but with a few years of content upgrades to it's PVE content it may be, or it may just be another game to play when you're done with WOW (it happens, I promise, or when WOW is down for the day). It is on the other hand a much better set up for it's PVP environment. It's friendly for young folks joining, has swear filters for those who desire them already turned on, has good sysop support for problems, and a friendly MMO audience well versed in new players, player support, and MMO intro. It wont have you upset to the point of tears because you can't play, your gift can't be enjoyed or used, or it's constantly down for hours the days you even have time to play. You don't have to worry about logging in before you start dinner so you only have to wait 30 min for your que to be over.

I say congratulations on their set up, and foresight. This was the smoothest I've ever seen the first few weeks of an MMO go. Honestly it's smoother and has less interruptions to play than WOW did for the 3 years I played it. The strange thing, I've played it. All weekend. ALL WEEKEND. I think I got kicked for 1 min and was back on in 3min. Just amazing.

You can play anything, any part of the game, at any time and aren't horribly disadvantaged because of the adjustment that interveins and modestly adjusts you to play RVR in an area. So you can PVP with your friends who played all the first 2 weeks and your level gets adjusted so you can hang out or they can have a character in 12 or so levels from you and you can all get together. Lovely. You find groups incredibly quickly if you want. There isn't a 30 min delay while WOW asks you to waste time staring at your flight screen ( get a drink, make a sandwhich, watch tv.. oh.. is it time for me to play again?), or 3 hours waiting to get a party for an instance, because you can only have a certain numbers and even then you need certain folks, and even then, it take 3 hours to do and you need to find folks who aren't going to leave in the middle so it takes you 12 hours to do one scholomance run, and these are the 5 folks dungeons.. not the 40 or 20... etc. Just so much hassle. Waisted life. WAISTED. Still played it. Almost 1 year total /played (if characters added).

So quick. Everything is refreshingly quick in warhammer. Play for 15 min, for 30, or for hours. Quick, lvl quick, never feel too low to play anything, always something to do. Some fun to be had. PVP (or RVR) EVERYWHERE in multiple fun ways. Or ignore it all together and play the game PVE (which is short).

There have been at MOST 15 min - 20 min portions of my time where I didn't want to log out to finish something. Easy stopping points. No life remodeling to play this game needed. Thank you. Thank you Warhammer. Seriously. If this was another of those, I'd have to sign off the whole class to remain functional in society and still play. Seriously. You can play this MMO and have friendships and life emergencies. And just enjoy your play experiences. Just well done for the lifestyle.

Thank you.
- Nide

Cons:
It's new and they are doing updates. It's a short game PVE still. Some of the PVE quests need someone to run through them and ask the question, is this fun? (wow had the same problem, hense Ohforf's comic with the rat quests). Some begining instructions are on some races and not on others. I'm still not sure how one puts points into subsections to rank up. It did needs some outside support for play, but those websites made by fans are already set up. Thank you warwiki and wardb, will fill in those gaps, but they are gaps. I miss buffing folks not in my party when you pass them as a social greeting.

Is the view similar. Yes. Folks who liked the look of WOW will like the play/look of this. They went for more realism in shading/skin look/color choices (not are orcs real, seriously) which may have been difficult back when WOW launched, may like this. You can see your characters, have really good control of your image on your screen. Which helps me get into the play. I like it and am happy they have it in there. That and it's fantasy and has a similar spell bar. That's it for me.

For both, still need the chat overlay Ventrillo or others to be a contender, especially in RVR/PVP. But really is a joy. Playing both, it really is different. I thought it was going to take the place of WOW in my heart, and I really am enjoying it. It's not the same. I can't wait to see this game in 3 years. I've got 2 more healing classes to play through. I can't wait. A fun game. Grab it and enjoy.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?